24- Secrets Unwind.

The dream I had that night was one of the worst ones yet. I was back in Xenon's house the night of the break in, except this time the guard had my neck in his gigantic hand, pinned against the wall while I coughed and spluttered to breath. I tried swinging at him but I was moving so slow, I tried to kick but my feet were barely doing damage. I wasn't even sure I had feet in that moment. Just as I was about to black out, Trent appeared, with a knife in his hand.

"Revenge sweet revenge," he smiled devilishly. His face morphed into some sort of disturbing demonic feature, like one those terrible Snapchat filters and his laughter echoed through my ears, surpassing my own screams. He repeatedly stabbed me in the arm, blood squirting all over his and the guards arm. I couldn't feel the pain, but the sounds were horrific. I squeezed my eyes shut in hopes of ending this nightmare but I could still feel the man's hand cutting the air flow to my lungs and when I opened my eyes... he'd turned into my father.

"Sweet revenge indeed," he growled. The panic was enough to rattle me awake, only to find Trent ringing me by the shoulders.

When I met his eyes I screamed again, scrambling out of the bed. My heart pounded so hard against my chest it threatened to crack my ribcage.

"What're you doing here?" I asked, my voice shaky and frail.

"Uh, first of all you're welcome, you were literally choking in your sleep," he seemed more annoyed than concerned, understandably so. "Second of all, Valak just called, she says we have to come in immediately."

"Like right now?"

"You do know what immediately means right?" he said, standing to leave. "I'm going to get dressed."

I didn't have time to wrap my head around my nightmare. Instead, I grabbed my phone from the bed side table. Shit. Three missed calls from Valak and a message.

'You miss my call. You better be dead.'

Fucking hell...

I grabbed a pair of cargo pants, a jacket and some boots and scurried to the car. The drive there was short and before long we were back in Valak's office. She was chain smoking a cigarette like a maniac, which was rare because she usually enjoyed savouring them. Her bright red hair that always fell as curls down her back was up in a neat bun, a black night gown draped on her petite body, singed at the waist by a silken black tie to match. She seemed agitated and angry as evidenced by the scowl that bore her face.

"Come in, sit down," she commanded, not bothering to look at us. Instead she scrolled through her tablet and linked the screen to the big television. "We've a lot to talk about."

This couldn't be good. I'd never seen Valak so flustered.

"We finally got feedback on the pill you brought in," she continued. "It confirmed what I'd feared. Someone is using the chemical in the capsule to make those pills."