23- Boys Will Be Boys.

With my panic episode done, I re-joined the boys and tried to enjoy the exhilarating buzz

With my panic episode done, I re-joined the boys and tried to enjoy the exhilarating buzz. Seeing them high made the experience a hundred times better. Instead of focusing on how tilted my world was I laughed at Darwin's dumb jokes; he was much funnier high. As much as Xenon and Marcus didn't want to get high, I was pretty sure the 'cross-fire' had gotten to them; Xenon had turned a light rouge on his face and neck and he couldn't stop laughing to save his life. Nito had smoked so much and drank his beer so quickly, he'd passed out. It was in that moment that we cheered, because everyone that thought I'd be first to pass out had been put to shame.

"I should have placed a bet," I said shaking my head.

"Who knew you had it in you," Louis commented. It was probably the nicest thing he'd said to me since we first met.

"I did," Darwin raised his hand, then grabbed a few bucks from Marcus' hand.

"Don't you regret betting against me?" I asked, cocking a brow.

Marcus shrugged and apologised. "As I said, I've seen what this stuff does to these people," he explained.

"Ye man of little faith," I shook my head once more.

"Guys! I just found a camera!" Xenon called out. We hadn't noticed he'd disappeared. "We should take a picture. One picture to savour this moment for a life time. Yes?"

"Yes!" We all called out. Everyone huddled together, dull red eyes and crooked smiles. It took Xenon a while to figure out how the camera worked and he didn't dare let anyone else try help him.

"Pull Nito up," I said. The boys grabbed him and hung his head by their shoulders. "

"Say man-cave!"

"Man-cave!" We screamed. Click!

"Another!" Darwin yelled before the group could split.

"There's only enough for one," Xenon said.

"Liar!" Darwin lunged for the camera and the two fought until Xenon gave in, cursing him and calling him a violent tyrant. Darwin angled the camera and managed to take a few more pictures before it gave in.

"Great, now we have to buy a charger." Xenon snatched the camera back and gave Darwin a look of disapproval.

These boys were a piece of work, but I was glad to have met them. There was something about the way they were so connected but each of them possessed a sense of uniqueness in character. Marcus was the esteemed quarter- back, focused and charming, Darwin the rich 'dumb' kid who everyone took for granted, but packed a whole lot of soul. Xenon, the most intelligent boy I'd ever met, determined and stead-fast; Nito, who's dirty-mind made him seem vile and foolish but who's character was laid back, understanding and humorous. Louis, broody, calculative Louis. Always silently trying to figure out everything he doesn't quite understand. Then there was Grayson, living a lie just like me. Mysterious and conniving, dangerous and unpredictable but tremendously great in bed. I'd found a piece of myself in all of them and through that, I guess I'd found a new understanding to how people worked.