Chapter Seventeen

As I woke up from my nap, I looked over to see Harry's body had been replaced with a pillow. I rubbed my eyes and tried to search the room for him the best I could without moving my body. I groaned and realized I wasn't able to so I sat up.

"Harry?" I softly called out scooting over to the edge of the bed. The room was dark and the wooden floor was cool to touch as I quickly padded over to my suitcase and pulled on some fuzzy socks I always bring with me. I opened up the door and tried to find my way to the living room to find him.

I could hear laughter from the hallway and I looked into the doorway of the kitchen and smiled as I saw Harry and his mom sitting at the kitchen island counter playing a board game. I walked over and Harry smiled at me as I took the seat next to him.

"Good morning sleepyhead," he said as he moved around the pieces on his stand.

"Why didn't you wake me?" I asked smiling back at his mom as she greeted me with a warm smile.

"You were old cold," he joked and I rolled my eyes.

"Dang it!" He said under his breath as his mom put her pieces of the board.

I watched as he furrowed his eyebrows and chewed on his bottom lip in frustration. I looked over at his pieces and pointed out a word he could put on the board. He looked at me and shook his head no and I nodded my head yes and pointed to the spot it would fit. He did a double take then smiled as he placed his letters on the board.

"Bingo!" He shouted and his mom looked down at her pieces to think. He placed his warm hand on my upper thigh.

"This isn't fair," she said trying to sound seriously but it was hard to take anything she said seriously because she was just too cute and happy looking.

"Sure it is, you're smarter than Finley and I combined so in fact it isn't fair to us," he joked and gripped my thigh tighter. She huffed and placed the word 'dog' on the board making a small giggle escape my lips.

I helped Harry find a few more words and we continued to dominate against his mom. As the game ended he looked at me and threw his arms up in the air.

"That was the first time I've own against her!" He cheered and I laughed.

"With help," his mom added winking at me while clearing the board. "I demand a rematch later, but no teams."

"Sounds good to me," I beamed and Harry stood up and led us to the living room.

"Are you hungry? You slept through dinner," he said poking at my stomach as we sat on the couch.

"No, I'm mostly just tired," I laughed.

"How?" He practically screamed.

"I have no idea, I'm always tired," I replied.

He shook his head while sighing and turned the tv on. "What movie do you wanna watch?"

"Something not scary," I replied and gave him a 'I'm-not-kidding' look. He laughed and got up and walked over to the shelve with DVD's in it.

"Something funny?"

"Something cute."

"Here, you pick it out," he said standing up and gestured me to walk over.

I examined the shelves and each cover. I saw one that caught my eye and I smiled as I pulled it out. Before I could tell Harry what it was I walked into the kitchen to find Anne.

"Wanna watch a movie?" I asked her holding up the DVD.

"No thanks, I'm gonna head over to the neighbors for a cup of tea. Thank you for asking though," she replied politely and smiled.