29

I sit at the counter of the diner and write down a few more notes on my latest story. My eyebrows furrow when I reread a few parts that hold no correlation to the main plot. Then I flush and realize I was writing about Carly in that time.

My eyes continue to scan over the page and I hear my phone buzz, my hand grabbing it. A new e-mail from the relator shows and I respond, confident I found the perfect place for Carly and I.

It's two bedrooms, one bathroom, a living room, and a kitchen. Perfect for us.

I'm extremely excited to be continuing my future with her. I've never loved anyone the way I love Carly. She's my best friend; the love of my life.

I finish my coffee and walk home, my hand unlocking the door. There's silence in the house and I walk into the kitchen, jolting when I see Carly sitting there.

"Hi Carls," I smile, not expecting her to be here. We've been busy lately, getting school work and my meetings with both the publisher and the relator.

"Hi baby," she smiles, my hand grabbing hers. I lean down and kiss her, her hand tight on mine. I pull away and she clearly looks worried, my body sitting beside her.

"What's going on?" I ask, her lips releasing a sigh. This can't be good, and I blurt out the first thing that comes to my head.

"Are you breaking up with me?" I rush, her eyes looking into mine.

"What? No," she says, shaking her head. I can feel my heart beating against my chest and she sits across from me, grabbing both my hands.

"I need you to just...listen. Please," she says, my head only nodding. I don't know where this is going but it's scary.

"This is going to make you want to run and never see me again. I'm sorry...I forgot and I screwed up," she whispers, my eyebrows furrowing together. She lifts her hand and I watch her wipe a tear away from her cheek, my heart stopping.

"What happened, Carly?" I whisper, nervous. Maybe Parker got her and they...what if she cheated?

"Was it...Parker?" I wonder, her head shaking. I watch her completely breakdown and I frown, her hands covering her face.

"It's okay," I continue, her head shaking.

"I'm so sorry," she cries, my strong girl completely vulnerable. It's making me very worried.

"Sorry for what?" I whisper, my hands grabbing her wrists.

"I-I...I," she tries, but her words are stuck. Something is seriously wrong and I'm getting worried.

So I lift her up and hold her in my lap, grabbing her cheeks and wiping away her tears.

"I'm pregnant," she breathes out and my whole body freezes. My eyes widen and I suddenly feel like I can't move, my mind processing the words. She squeezes her eyes shut and I try to think of everything we've done. It's been a month since our last time, and we used a condom.

But we went again. Too happy to even think about anything.

"I-I'll go," she says, beginning to move off my lap. But I grab her thighs to prevent her from leaving. I may be scared shitless but I'm not an idiot. I have responsibilities and my main one is everything around Carly. She's mine.

"No, Carly. You stay with me," I state, her tear-soaked cheeks making me so sad. She must have been worried sick, thinking about how I'd react. But I'm in love with her. I'm not going to leave that easily.

"I'm with you, Carls. Always," I remind her, her hands grabbing my face. She presses her lips to mine and I kiss her back, knowing her worst fears have been relieved.

She pulls away and curls onto me, not wanting to let me go. I don't know what we're going to do, but I'm in this with her. I'm partially at fault and I can't let anything happen to either of them.

I'm having a baby with my girlfriend.

"I've found a place and I've talked with the relator. We can move into there and be together," I whisper, her hands holding my shoulders. I can tell she's in need of being with me; just wanting to know I'm here. I've learned her body language very well.

My hands pull her into me completely, my eyes closing as I hold her. She fists my tee in her hands and I rub her back, soothing her muscles.

"I won't ever let you be alone," I say, knowing our roles have reversed. I had once been so nervous and needing the reassurance that she won't leave me, but now I'm giving it to her. I won't ever leave Carly; she's my girl.

She leans her head up and I kiss the tip of her nose, her hands moving to my cheeks.

"Are you scared?" she asks, my eyes looking into hers. "Because I'm horrified."

I grab her hands off my cheeks and kiss her knuckles, holding her soft fingers. "I'm a little nervous but I caused this. I-I think we're young, but maybe...maybe this needed to happen."

She frowns and I grab her face, pulling her head down to mine. "Maybe this was to show us both that this is our future. Learning to do this together."

Carly only rests her forehead on mine, my hands holding her waist. "You're too smart and I don't deserve you," she mumbles, my heart swelling.

"I love you, Carls. Always," I remind her, her smile appearing. She leans down and presses her lips to mine, my hands holding her close to me.

I hear the garage door open and I freeze, completely forgetting I have a mom who is extremely protective over me. She's going to flip out.

Carly moves off my lap and I squeeze her hand, needing the simple gesture to give me the strength to tell my mother.

"Carly, Harry, how are you guys?" mom grins, walking in alone. I assume Harper is at a friend's house and I thank God for that. Don't need her in he room when I'm about to get railed.

"W-We have to tell you something," I start, and her head swivels to look at us. I probably look guilty as hell and my mom is well on her way assuming what's wrong.

"Okay," she says almost hesitantly, taking a seat across from us. Carly looks at me and nods, my lips pressing together as Carly unveils our news.

"I'm, uh...I'm pregnant," Carly tells her, and her lips part and a pale tone covers her face. She's shocked and I don't blame her.

We don't say anything and when my mom is about to, she just closes her mouth and stops herself.

"I bought you...Harry, what were you thinking?" she asks, and Carly chips in.

"It's my fault. I didn't think about it and I just...I feel like crap because I've been sick for two weeks," she starts, but I cut her off.

"I'm not leaving Carly. It's my baby; I'm staying," I state firmly, Carly staying next to me.

"A baby is a lot of responsibility. You two haven't even moved into an apartment yet or found stable jobs. What are you going to do?" mom asks, and I sigh.

"I'm going to support my family."

~~~
Hey loves!
Please vote comment and share!
Much Love! <3 xoxo