30

"I call it the pudge pocket," I say, the small little bump I've obtained the topic of conversation at my new job.

"Are you sore at all?" I'm asked, and I shake my head.

"I haven't reached that point yet. I'm just at 15 weeks," I say, my button up and blazer pretty much hiding the fact that I'm pregnant.

"I'm just happy I found a non-strenuous job so that I can easily relax while experiencing this," I say, my coworker smiling.

I'm a receptionist at a publishing company. Surprisingly, the company Harry is going through with publishing needed a receptionist quickly and lucky for me, I was hired. The pay is extremely nice and within three days of work, I paid off our first month's rent.

I get back to filling out the appointment list, never realizing just how much Harry is here. A smile covers my lips when I see his next appointment is in an hour, always loving seeing my boy.

"Carly, can you get me a coffee? My assistant is sick today," my boss asks, and I get up. I walk across the street to retrieve his coffee and I make my way back.

"Have a seat for a minute," he says, my head nodding. I sit down once the coffee is on his desk and he pulls his glasses off, looking towards me.

"I have to let you know I've called in the New York publisher for Harry's book. They're in the process of printing the first copy as we speak. It's going to be huge," he tells me, my lips curving.

"Are you serious?" I beam, his head nodding.

"We just need you to tell us something," he says, my heart racing.

"Would Harry be interested in allowing interviews and broadcasts on his book? He's so quiet and we don't have any idea if he would," he says, and I think.

"I think if I were with him he'd be okay. But alone, he'd most likely have a panic attack from the attention. He has anxiety," I tell him, and he shrugs it off. He must already know.

"We fear that with a book like his, he may not be ready for everything it entitles. It's going to be huge, and I'm not just saying that. The New York office has been talking about it and so has the California office. It has a potential for becoming a New York Times best seller," he tells me, and my jaw drops. No fucking way.

"Harry is one of the best writers I've ever encountered and I'm so pleased he came to us. But please talk to him about the interviews," he says, my head only able to nod. He's so accomplished already and I can't be prouder.

I go back to work but I'm so distracted. All I want is Harry to come so I can hug and kiss him.

He walks into the office and he pushes his sunglasses into his hair, my body out of my chair. I watch as his dimpled smile comes onto his lips and I hug him, kissing his face.

"I'm so proud of you," I whisper, his hands holding my waist.

"You tell me that every day," he flushes, my lips pecking his.

"Because my boss just told me your book is going to be huge. Harry, baby, you have no idea how happy I am for you," I beam, his eyes never looking away from me.

"I did it for you, remember? This is for us," he replies humbly, his love so effortlessly displayed on his features. I have no idea what I did to deserve him, but whatever it was, I'm never letting him go.

I force myself to let him go for his meeting and I get back to work, answering a few calls. By the time Harry is done, I've finished all my work for the day and I get ready to go. Harry exits the office and he takes my hand, the two of us then making our way back to campus for our class.

Harry is focused and I try to be but it's hard. With graduation next month and my pregnancy, focus isn't always there. But Harry helps me with my papers and it's very refreshing to have him in my life. He's keeping me sane.

We finish up class and we walk to our apartment. It's not too far away from Anne's place, simply because Harry doesn't want to be too far from Harper. The thought made my heart melt.

Harry and I work in the kitchen on the essay, my fingers flipping through a book for support. I can feel him glancing my way occasionally, still in love with the fact that he's still so flirty with me.

So I lean up and kiss his cheek in response, his cheeks flushing.

"I love you," I tell him, his eyes looking into mine.

"I love you too, Carls," he grins, dimples so prominent. He gets up and I continue typing, surprised when Harry brings me some tea.

"You're perfect," I smile, his lips pressing to my hair.

"Do you want to go for a walk with me tonight?" he asks, my head nodding. We usually go for walks, only because now more than anything I don't want to get huge.

We finish up our homework, my tea gone as well. I go to the bedroom and change out of my work clothes, Harry doing much the same.

Harry's fingers lace through mine as we walk, the two of us mainly talking about his new book. We go over what he's going to do with interviews and I'm shocked at how calm he seems.

"I can do it. I'm talking about something I'm passionate about, so I won't be too worried. There's a reason I'm not going on any social media and that's because I fear I'll receive criticism," he tells me, and I nod.

"That's smart," I tell him, his lips curving at me.

"B-But I have to talk to you about something," he says, stopping us in the middle of the park.

"If it's about my pudge pocket, go ahead and get a feel," I tease, his head leaning on mine as he chuckles.

"No, i-it's something else," he stutters, my confusion growing. He really only stutters when he's nervous, or at least when he's with me. Other people still get a full stutter.

"Are you worried about something? You can talk to me," I say softly, grabbing his hands. I watch his eyes close and he starts to breathe quickly, my feet taking a step closer. But I freeze when he moves down, afraid he just passed out.

"Harry," I rush, but he squeezes my hands and bends one knee down.

Holy shit.

I watch him try to relax and I squeeze his hands tighter, my heart pounding against my chest. This wasn't even close to what I was expecting and I watch him look up at me.

"I-I was raised to believe m-marriage comes before children. A-And I know...we switched it, b-but I want you to know m-my intentions with this," he manages, my thumbs brushing his knuckles. He's practically shaking and I watch him move his hand out of mine to his pocket, a box now in his hand. I squeeze my eyes shut to hide my tears, but they start to fall. This moment couldn't have been better.

"Y-You are having my baby. I-I want you to be my w-wife too," he manages out, then opens the box. My tears fall faster at how perfect he is.

He takes a deep breath and looks up at me, my hand squeezing his. I have never felt this way before. The love between us is so real.

"Will you marry me, Carls?" he asks, and I wrap my arms around his neck. He hugs me close, standing up and holding me.

"Absolutely," I whisper in his ear, hugging him close to me. His arms wrap around me and I can tell he's so relieved, not letting me go. There is no one else I want but Harry.

~~~
Please vote comment and share!
Much Love! <3 xoxo