Chapter 3

John's POV

Sherlock and I continued to chase the girls down the street to, well, god knows where, when all of a sudden they came to a stop an faced us.

"Look, we appreciate your help but it's best if we take over from here."

"Meet us back at our apartment and we'll explain things then." Joanne quickly said.

"Wait, where do you live?" I asked.

"The address is 22ob Baker Street, see ya boys!" Sarah replied before they took off and were out of sight.

"Did they just steal our case?" Sherlock growled.

"Yep, I'll call a cab." We got in, giving the driver the girls' address since Sherlock wanted to check out where they lived. "What do you think of them?" I asked.

"Nothing, they will be useless during this case and once it's over they'll leave and we won't ever see them again."

"I think they seem nice." I replied. We arrived at their flat and I couldn't believe it, they lived right across the street from us! Well, at least we won't have to pay for the cab ride home.

Joanne's POV

I sighed as I watched Sarah run around the lab Molly was letting us use.

"So you guys have met Sherlock and Watson then?" Molly asked.

"Yep, John was nice but Sherlock was..."

"Rude." she finished for me, I laughed.

"Exactly." I turned to Sarah. "Do you really think it's him again?"

"Who else could it be? The evidence is staring at you right in the face." she replied.

"Is she always this crabby?" Molly whispered.

"Just when she's pissed off about something" I replied.

"We need to go." she said grabbing her coat.

"Why?"

"The boys will be at our apartment in 20 minutes" and with that we took off.

~At Their Flat~

"When should they get here?"

"Now" and just as she answered there was a loud knock at the door.

"Hey neighbors!" John said as I let them in.

"Start explaining." Sherlock demanded. Gosh, what's got his panties in a twist.

"What do you want to know?"

"How you know so much about this case."

"Sit down and I'll tell you." Sarah replied sitting down in her armchair. Our apartment wasn't very organized, with suitcases everywhere since we hadn't gotten to unpack yet.

"Two years ago bodies started poping up all over Vegas with the exact same injuries and causes of death." Sarah began.

"What was the cause of death?" John asked.

"Broken neck." Sherlock answered, Sarah nodded.

"This case went on for 6 months, the deaths, the kidnapping, the riddles."

"What riddles?"

"He would have Sarah solve riddles, and if she couldn't in a certain amount of time, then a bomb would go off." I explained.

"Who was kidnapped?"

"Joanne twice to motivate me to work faster."

"You were kidnapped too."

"Yes, but just once." she replied.

"Yes and you were gone for two weeks and then we finally found you in a junkyard dying!" I exclaimed, but she simply chuckled.

"Joanne, as you can clearly see I didn't die and I had no intention of doing so for a long time."

"What caused you to come close to death?" Sherlock asked.

"My injuries were very severe." Sarah explained.

"Well, that's enough talk about death for me, I need to go to the store." I said standing up and grabbing my coat.

"I'll come along." John replied following me out the door.

Sarah's POV

John and Joanne had left and now it was just me and Sherlock sitting there. He was studying me, trying to figure out my story. Well, he wasn't going to have any luck, no one can figure me out, not even Joanne can, and we've been friends since we were kids.

"Earlier you said I got 99% wrong, what did I get wrong?"

"Buy me a cup of coffee and I'll tell you."

"Coffee? You Americans are so weird." I laughed.

"Do we have a deal?"

"Deal." We grabbed our coats before making our way to the coffee shop down the street. We got coffee, well I did, Sherlock got tea. Ugh, how can he stand that stuff? "Alright, now tell me what I got wrong." He demanded as we sat down.

"Well, I play guitar not violin, I'm not 24 but I'm not telling you my real age, I am a natural blond and I'm from Vegas, not New York" I explained. We talked for a few more hours before deciding to go back to my apartment.

"Hey, you never told me what those grey hairs were from." He said as we made our way up the stairs.

"Oh yeah, those were raccoon hairs."

"Oh please don't tell me you left that thing in our old apartment." I drew out my gun spinning around only to come face to face with .................Joanne. "How many times do I have to tell you not to point your gun at me!"

"Wait, she's done this before!?!?" John exclaimed.

"Looks like I'm not the only one who's tried to kill their best friend." I stated. John looked at Sherlock and looked away but then his eyes widened in realization and turned back to him shouting "Woah!!!" I laughed, putting away my gun before going into our apartment. Sherlock smirked as he put his gun away.

"So now what?" John asked.

"I don't know." That's when I spotted something. It was a man on the roof and he had a gun. "Get down!" I shouted. We all went down just as the bullets came, there was a sharp pain in my shoulder as I hit the ground. John had his arms protectively wrapped around Joanne and Sherlock was on the other side of the room. Once the shooting stopped, everything fell silent. All that could be heard was our heavy breathing.

"Everyone ok?" I called out as I got up, ignoring the pain in my shoulder. I looked at my wound, the bullet hadn't entered my shoulder, it simply grazed it.

"Holy crap Sarah!" Joanne exclaimed.

"I'm fine." I stated

Sherlock's POV

I watched as John stitched up Sarah's wound while she and Joanne argued over whether or not she needed to go to the hospital. God, why do I have the sudden urge to protect her!?!? Feelings can be so annoying.