Chapter 9

~Sherlock's POV~

There he stood, in the flesh and bone.

Lee Hopkins

Sarah's older brother, who treated her like nothing her whole life.

Suit and tie, blond hair and green eyes. Him and Sarah could be twins.

"What do you want Lee?" Sarah asked, her voice was steady and she didn't shake at all. He just rolled his eyes before he whispered something in Moriarty's ear. He groaned.

"Fine, it can wait." he then turned to us. "Wrong day to die gentlemen, and lady." he and Lee then walked out and just as the door shut the red dots of the sniper guns disappeared. Sarah stood, or at least tried to, I picked her up bridal style and carried her out.

~three days later~

Sarah's POV

My eyes slowly opened and adjusted to the brightness of the room. I looked around as realization hit me, I was in a hospital! Sherlock sat beside the bed asleep in chair, well that can't be comfortable.

I'm in a hospital, me, Sarah Harvey, is in a hospital. My breathing quickened and it felt like the walls were closing in, I can almost swear I heard the sirens. I need to get out of here! I reached over taking the IVs out of my arm. I stood with a bit of a struggle, I saw my backpack that would contain a change a clothes. I always had one packed. I limped over grabbing it before going into the bathroom. I found a shirt, jeans, and sneakers with other things that don't need to be mentioned. I changed quickly, I walked out and grabbed the hoodie on the couch. Sherlock was still asleep in the chair. Pulling the hood up I left the room. As I walked down the hall, I saw two men talking. One had a pair of sunglasses hanging out of his pocket. I purposely bumped into him, "excuse me sir" I said slipping out the glasses and putting them on.

I kept my head down as I walked. I glanced up to see I was almost at the door. Just 7 more feet, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2. "Where do you think you're going?" a hand grabbed my arm making me face them.

Sherlock.

"I need to get out of here," I said my voice dangerously low.

"You were kidnapped and tortured and need medical attention." he said sternly trying to drag me back to the room. No, I can't go back, I yanked my hand free.

I took off running, I can't stay in there, not there. I can go to a pharmacy and get some painkillers and bandages. I can take care of myself, I don't need some doctor.

"Sarah!" I glanced back to see Sherlock running after me. I was a good 15 feet ahead.

"Taxi!" I yelled, one pulled over and I hoped in. "Drive!"

"Where to?"

"Just drive!" I yelled. The driver hit the gas pedal and we drove away just as Sherlock reached where we had been. I sighed and leaned back. Remembering I hadn't given the man directions, I sat forward "220B Baker Street, please." He nodded and looked back at the road. I looked into my bag to find money, keys to my apartment, and my phone fully charged. It already had 5 missed calls from Sherlock, so not replying. I sent a quick text to Joanne.

Left the hospital. you know why I had too. Be home soon.

-SH

My phone beeped and I opened her reply.

Sherlock is pissed. Hope your okay. I'm out with John, there is chocolate ice cream in the freezer. I had a feeling.

-JW

I laughed, she knew me so well. When we were younger and one of us was sick, the other would bring chocolate ice cream and we would watch movies.

I walked into my apartment and got out the ice cream to soften. I took a shower, washing off the smell of the hospital, yes, it had a smell. Always did smell like disgusting medicine and bleach. I put on sweatpants and t-shirt before beginning to scoop out my ice cream. My front door opened and slammed. I glanced up to see a very pissed Sherlock.

"Want some ice cream?" He just silently stood there, I shrugged. "Suit yourself." I grabbed my bowl and sat down on the couch turning on the tv just as a new episode of doctor who came on. I smiled, it was my favorite show. The tv turned off, I frowned and turned to see Sherlock holding the unplugged wire. "Hey, I was watching that!"

"YOU BLOODY RAN!" He screamed.

"Yeah, no way was I going back to that place." I replied calmly.

"You were kidnapped, tortured, and unconcious for three days!"

"Yeah, now there is nothing but a few cuts, bruises, and a limp. What's the big deal?" I asked. He sighed sitting down beside me, he knew he wasn't going to win this argument.

"Why did you freak out so much?" I shrugged. 

"Just don't like hospitals," he laughed. Not the kind of laugh you hear when someone tells a joke, the kind someone does when they know someone is lying.

"I wasn't asleep, I had my eyes slightly open. You looked like you were gonna have a panic attack." Again, I shrugged.

"So?" He just stared at me.

"So? So, what the bloody hell happened?" I sighed. Ok, he won this fight 'cause I knew he wasn't gonna shut up about it until he did.

"He didn't die on the streets Sherlock. With Lestrade,they were able to get his heart beating again in the ambulance and he lasted for a few hours. I was beisde him when he died, Lee and Miley came in later. They started calling me the 'Angel of Death' saying my very presence brought the feeling of it." We just sat their in silence, not an akward silence, but a nice silence. No 'hey it's okay' or 'Don't belive what they say' , just silence. And it was a nice silence.