Chapter 17

~Sherlock's POV~

"Hey Sarah, I was wondering.....what are you doing?" She looked up from her computer. She was surrounded by papers, and there were plenty of them, along with pictures of people pinned to the wall above the fireplace. This must be what it's like for John, coming home to find me working on a case.

"Trying to find Moriarty"

"But-"

"Sherlock, if you say it's too dangerous and that I should take a break I swear to God I'll smack you. I've been doing this for many years and I'm not going to stop now." I simply nodded and grabbed some papers. She gave me a strange look and I shrugged.

"If I can't stop you, might as well help you." She chuckled before turning back to her computer.

We had been at this for hours and still nothing. "Maybe we should call Lestrade and see if he has anything." As if on cue, Lestrade came running up the stairs.

"We got something!"

"Obviously, otherwise you wouldn't be here."

"Just came in, Joanne and John have already left." Sarah dashed out the door heading for the streets. I sighed, running after her. I've been learning a lot about how John feels today.

We arrived at Scotland Yard and were brought into a room full of computer screens showing a warehouse. "What's this about Lestrade?" Then we noticed it, a big white sign hanging from the roof.

Come play little bird.

He meant Sarah. My girlfriend. "Sarah don't you- where'd she go? where's my gun.....and my wallet? Sarah!"

~Sarah's POV~

I creeped through the back door gun in hand, well, Sherlock's gun. "Little bird I know you're here." he sang. God I'm gonna kill him. "Come out and play." he said in a child like voice, I stepped away from my hiding place, instantly regretting it. The red light of a sniper scope appeared right above my heart, his hands must be shaking.

"Hello Jim."

"Sarah! So glad you could join me!" He smirked. "Have you ever wondered why I call you little bird?" He stepped closer.

"Don't really care." I said through gritted teeth.

"It's because I know I have control over you, I can make you do whatever I want. And you can't escape, you can't fly away." He smirked, he was proud of the evil he had done.

"You killed my dad and my brother. You took away my life, caused me pain in every way possible and you enjoyed it, you make me sick." I spat. "I will kill you, you will feel pain." The smile fell from his face.

"I'd hold your tongue if I was you."

"Why should I? You took everything from me, you deserve to die, you deserve to feel pain." My voice became dangerously low with each word said. I stumbled back a few steps as his fist collided with my left cheek. He hit me again, and again, to the point I could no longer stand. Down came his foot, again and again. Moriarty flew across the room, I looked to see Sherlock.

"How dare you touch her?!" he screamed. "How dare you even look at her that way?!" he continued. Moriarty managed to get to his feet but fell back as Sherlock hit him. "Get up" he growled.

"Now Sherlock-" But sherlock's fist stopped him. Again and again he hit him.

"Sherlock." He stopped and turned to me, a loud bang came and I felt the bullet go through my flesh, a feeling I know all to well. Seriously, how many times have I been shot? The world seems to fade, I could feel the blood oozing out, Sherlock ran to me yelling something but I couldn't hear him. Joanne is gonna be mad, she just got out of the hospital and now I'm going in.

The hospital.

Oh god, I can't go back there, I can't. I tried to fight it, tried to stay awake. I can't, I'm so tired. The darkness called to me like the song of death. While I followed its voice.