Chapter 20

~Sarah's POV~

I sighed reading another text from Jim.

Little bird let's play today.

-JM

I'm getting sick of the texts, the flirting, the unexpected visits. Sherlock of course doesn't know any of this, he would flip. It's time to end this.

Roof of the hospital. Meet you there.

-SH

~Sherlock's POV~

I got in the taxi giving the driver directions. My phone beeped but I ignored it, I can't believe I am about to do this. I'm making the biggest decision of my life.

~Sarah's POV~

"Molly," I said stepping out of the shadows, she gasped.

"What do you need?"

"I need your help."

"What is it?" she asked. Molly and I had always been good friends, I knew I could trust her.

"Give this letter to Joanne."

"It's happening today, isn't it?" I nodded.

~Joanne's POV~

"John!" I yelled running into his apartment.

"What is it?"

"I can't find Sarah!"

"I can't find Sherlock."

"Let's go get Lestrade."

~Sherlock's POV~

I entered the store and walked up to one of the cases.

"Looking for a ring?" I looked up to see an old man, I smiled and nodded. "You're in love."

"How can you tell?"

"You have the same look I had when I looked for my wife's ring."

"Well, you got any suggestions?" I asked. He smiled.

"I've got the perfect thing." he disappeared into the back.

~Sarah's POV~

I walked out onto the roof, Moriarty sat on the ledge, his cellphone playing music.

"Nice place you've chosen," He took out his phone, pausing the music. "nice place to bring our story to an end. It's's been fun, you know, our little game." He smirked as he walked around me.

"Why stop now?"

"You've lost your touch Sarah, you've become... ordinary."

~John's POV~

"Ah, just the people I wanted to see!"

"Lestrade, have you been in contact with Sherlock or Sarah?" I asked frantically.

"No, been trying to get hold of them all day."

"Maybe Sarah went to see Molly, they like doing science experiments together." Joanne suggested. I nodded and we ran out.

~Sherlock's POV~

"Here you are," I opened the small box to see a gold ring, a diamond in between two small emeralds. I smiled, it was perfect for her. "It was my wife's."

"What? No! I can't take this!" I exclaimed.

"Boy, you take that ring. That way I'll know that after I'm gone it won't sit in some bank." I sighed in defeat.