Chapter 18

Sherlock's POV

I sat in the chair beside her hospital bed, she just got out of surgery. They said she had lost a lot of blood, they almost lost her but were able to revive her.

This could be it they said, she could be gone by tomorrow, her heart was weak. I can't loose her, not her.

She looked so pale, so peaceful. I reached over and held her hand. It was cold, as if she was already gone. I looked over at the heart monitor to assure myself she was still here.

"I promise, to love you, to go wherever you go, I won't let anything happen to you, we can watch all the Doctor Who you want, we can go skydiving if you wanted to, I'll do anything for you. Just please stay, stay here with me." I couldn't stop the tears, "I can't loose you." I whispered.

"You owe me."

I looked up, those green eyes looking back at me. She heard me.

"Yes, I heard you."

Am I thinking out loud?

"Yes you are." she chuckled.

~Lestrade's POV~

"Lestrade calm down!"

"Calm down? I can't Joanne, I need to find this son of a bitch."

"You think I'm not mad about this?"

"Joanne, I promised David I would look out for her, that I would protect her. She is now in the freakin' hospital for the second time and almost died!" I yelled. I breathed deeply. I broke my promise to my best friend.

"Lestrade, don't you think I feel guilty too that I wasn't there to defend her? She's my best friend and has saved my life countless times and I've never been able to repay her." I smiled.

"She's just like her dad, she helps others but won't let anyone help her." Joanne chuckled.

"Which makes her more of a pain in the ass."

"Yep, she's definitely David's daughter." We laughed.

~Sarah's POV~

I sighed in annoyance, I had been stuck in the hospital for three days. Only because Sherlock would not leave the room in order to make sure I staid put. God, I'm gonna kill that boy. Joanne of course was teasing me about how I'm now stuck in here and she's not and all that.

"Good news, you can leave today!" I looked up at my doctor. "But I may-"

"Shut it doc, I'm getting out of here." I unhooked the IVs and grabbed the bag Joanne had left me with my clothes. Sherlock was at the cafeteria and John was asleep on the couch. He was supposed to watch me but I had drugged his juice when he wasn't looking.

I quickly changed and ran out, signed the papers and grabbed a taxi. I took my phone out smirking at sherlock's text.

You drugged John.

-SH

I typed my reply.

Hospital let me out and I didn't feel like waiting.

-SH

He instantly replied.

We need to have a talk about you and hospitals.

-SH

I laughed and put my phone away.