Chapter 10

~Sarah's POV~

So things were alright. I continued in my search for Moriarty, Sherlock continued to do cases thinking I was home resting, John and Joanne were now dating, and Mrs. Hudson continued being our land lady. Some friends of mine were helping me. They were a gang from Vegas who had moved here so we could continue working together. They called themselves, The Four. As you might have guessed, there are four members. Luke, Leo, Zach, and Jack, some of my best friends. We did a lot of crime solving together. Anyways, back to the point, they did work that required leaving my apartment while I worked behind the scenes. Joanne, of course, knew what I was up to, but said nothing.

"It's me!"

"Hey Luke!" I replied closing my laptop. "Update?"

"No signs of Moriarty, but Lee has been making some visits to see Molly Hooper." I nodded. "Any idea why?" I shook my head.

"Molly is capable of many things, but a criminal, is not one of them. Lee may be trying to double cross Moriarty." I suggested. I turned my head at the sound of the footsteps coming up the stairs, quiet, yet heavy.

Sherlock.

"Go out through my window and down the-" but Luke had already gone, I chuckled, he always resembled the stealth of a ninja. No matter how cheesy that sounds. I sat down on the couch opening my laptop just as Sherlock walked in. "What can I do for you Mr. Holmes?"

"Just came to see how you were."

"Sherlock, I'm fine, it would be amazing if I could get out of this apartment. " I stated. He sighed.

"Not until that limp is gone."

"You can barely tell it's there!"

"But it is." he replied with that famous smirk of his. My phone rang and the caller ID said unknown number.

"Hello?"

"I'm sorry" My eyes widened.

"What is this?"

"My apology, I'm sorry"

"Where are you?"

"Outside"

I ran out the door, down the stairs and into the street. There he stood on the other side.

"What's going on?"

"I can't do what he wants me to do"

"What's going on? What can't you do?"

"I'm sorry Sarah, so sorry."

He stepped out onto the middle of the street, the sound of a bus horn filling my ears. I tried to run to him but someone held me back,the look on his face scared me, he never looked like that. He looked scared. His eyes closed, the bus didn't stop. I screamed his name but he didn't respond, someone continued to drag me into the apartment building. I could hear the people scream and run. As my apartment door opened I was able to pull away and look at my captor.

Sherlock.

Of course, I should have known.

"WHY DID YOU DO THAT? I COULD HAVE SAVED HIM!" I screamed.

"YOU WOULD HAVE SAVED HIM BUT HAD NO TIME TO SAVE YOURSELF!" He screamed back.

"Like I have anything to live for." I mumbled. Harsh I know, but true. Miley wouldn't care, Lestrade would get over it, and Joanne would have John.

"You have me." I looked at him.

"I have what?"

"Me, you have me." he repeated. He took a step closer, I looked at him, both of us out if breath. He leaned closer...

I took a step back shaking my head, "He was my brother Sherlock, my brother." I whispered. I walked down the hall and into my room. I just laid there in silently crying, there was nothing to here except my silent cries. The room was so silent you couldn't even hear me breathing.

And it wasn't a nice silence.