Chapter 8

Sherlock's POV

I mumbled and cursed as I sat up, I was still laying on the street. I stood up ignoring the pain in my head and ran to Baker Street. I need to find Sarah.

"Oh Sherlock where have you been?"

"Not now, Mrs.Hudson!" I shouted running up the stairs. Moriarty had to be behind this, maybe I can exchange the flash drive for Sarah's freedom. "Sarah was....woah" I stopped in the doorway as I saw, John and Joanne um how would the Americans put it? Making out? Never mind. Joanne cleared her throat.

"Um, what happened to Sarah?"

"She was kidnapped, we were attacked and they took her." I explained looking through desk drawers. Finding it, I took out my phone sending a quick text.

I got the files. Meet me at the pool. Midnight. - SH

"We need to call Lestrade!"

"I can't believe this is happening again," Joanne whispered.

"John, don't call Lestrade and Joanne, pull it together!" I exclaimed.

"You're right, I won't call Lestrade, I'll go tell him in person." and with that the door slammed behind John.

"Joanne stay here, I'll go get Sarah"

Sarah's POV

I bit down on my bottom lip as the whip hit my back once more. The sound of the whip hitting the ground filled the dark cold room as he yanked my hair back making me face him. "This is what you get for trying to fly away little bird."

Sherlock's POV

I paid the cab driver before running into the building. I entered the pool area to find it completely empty, I turned to the clock on the wall to see it strike twelve. The sound of a door opening caught my attention as I watched John walk in wearing a rather large coat. He doesn't own a coat like that, so where did he get it? "John what are doing here?"

"Glad to see you playing our little game," he said pulling back his coat revealing the C4 strapped to his chest as a red dot appeared right in the center. "What would you like me to make him say next?" John continued, the room was silent for a moment until a high pitched voice called out.

"Hello boys!" I silently cursed myself, it was Molly's stupid gay boyfriend.

"Jim Moriarty is the name but you already knew that," he stated proudly.

"I brought you this." I said holding out the flash drive.

"Oh, that, a flash drive containing secret mission plans." he grabbed it from my hand tossing it into the pool. "Have it! But I do have something that you may want back" he opened a door reaching in and throwing her onto the ground in front of us.

Sarah.

Her shoes were missing, her jeans were torn, bruises on her face, cuts on her arms and legs, hair a mess, and a look in her eyes I had never seen before.

Fear.

She attempted to get up but Jim kicked her down.

"Now, now, little bird, don't try to fly away." he taunted. I had to restrain myself from punching him in the face, but that doesn't mean I wasn't going to try to hurt him. I pulled out my gun pointing it right at his head.

"What if I were to shoot you right now?"

"I would be surprised, truly I would be and you would be able to enjoy my look of surprise for just a moment before you all died." Multiple red dots appeared on both me, John, and Sarah. "Well, I must be off, see ya!" he called walking out the door, as soon as it shut I ran over to john, ripped the vest off of him, and then ran over to Sarah.

"I'm.... I'm fine" she stuttered as I helped her up and brought her over next to John, that's when the red dots reappeared.

"Sorry guys, I'm so changeable, it's really a weakness of mine." I sighed in annoyance, his voice is really starting to get on my nerves. I looked over at the bomb laying in the middle of the floor and then over at John and Sarah who nodded. I pulled out my gun pointing it at the bomb, I looked up at Moriarty who held a straight face. I was about to pull the trigger the sound of a ring tone filled the room. Jim rolled his eyes "Mind if I get that?"

"No, of course not, you've got the rest of your life ahead of you." I replied.

"What is it?.... Yes she is....Fine!" Jim shouted hanging up. "We are going to have a little visitor!" he said all too cheerful. We watched as the door opened and none other than Lee Hopkins entered the room.

"Hello Mr.Holmes"