Chapter 6

Sarah's POV

"Lee Hopkins? Wait, wasn't it LH that was carved into the roof of the mouth of all the victims?"

"Yep"

"So your brother killed all those people?"

"That's right."

"Then why didn't you bloody arrest him 3 days ago?!?!?" John exclaimed. I sighed.

"Life isn't that easy."

"Then start explaining why it isn't." Sherlock demanded.

"Lee works with Moriarty, they met when Lee was 16."

"Why would Moriarty want anything to do with your brother?"

"Because he was vulnerable," I replied. "My mother died giving birth to me, that's why my brother and his twin sister blame me for her death. Not only that but it seemed my father favored me, making their hate for me only grow." I explained.

"How did Lee meet Moriarty?" John asked.

"We don't know, we just know he was able to convince him that he was the only one who cared about him and that his father hated him." Joanne replied.

"Hello Sarah" we all turned to see none other than my sister Miley walk in.

"What terrible thing have I done to have you visit me?" I asked, Miley rolled her eyes.

"Nice to see you too" she stated sarcastically. "Anyways I came to ask if you've been in contact with Lee, he's been ignoring me."

"Gee, why would he do that, I mean, who wouldn't want to talk to you?"

"Oh just answer the question!"

"Just saw him three days ago." I stated.

"Who is this?" Sherlock asked stepping in.

"Guys this is Miley, Lee's twin and my older sister." I explained.

"Well, I must be off."

"Have fun on your date."

"Excuse me?"

"You're wearing more make up than usual, you smell of that perfume you got from Paris that you only wear on dates, your outfit is fancy but not fancy enough for a first date so a I'd say you've been dating for a few months now. So the question is, who is the not so lucky man?" Miley smirked.

"I'm dating Mycroft Holmes"

"You're what!?!" Both Sherlock and I exclaimed.

"I need some air." I growled before walking out the door, I stood on the sidewalk breathing the cold night air. I heard the door behind me open and I turned to see Miley.

"You should have known he would have come to his senses eventually, I mean, after he realized what a mistake he made by going after someone like you." she stated before walking off.

"Well that was rude."

"Not in the mood sherlock,"

"Mycroft is my brother, just so you know." he said quietly.

"Yes, I know he's your older brother, I know he's practically the British government, I also happen to know what a cold hearted self centered jerk he is!" I said my voice rising as I did. Tears were threatening to spill as the memory's came flooding back but I did my best to stop them from falling. I won't allow myself to look weak in front of him.

"Sarah," he whispered wiping away a single tear that had managed to escape. His hand lingered on my cheek as he looked down at me. Yes, he is taller than me. He leaned down kissing me on the cheek whispering "good night Sarah." before walking across the street and into his apartment.

What the hell just happened? I quickly pulled myself together and walked back into my apartment ignoring John and Joanne and shutting the door behind me as I went into my bedroom. This cannot happen, I can't develop feelings for him. I'm nothing, he would never get anything from me, besides he's Sherlock Holmes, he has no feelings. I mean nothing to him.

Sherlock's POV

What is wrong with me? How does Sarah bring out these emotions in me that I just can't seem to control? This is pathetic, she doesn't even care about me, so why do I for her? I need to focus on this case 'cause once it is solved Sarah Harvey will be out of my life for good.