9. Ladybug

I guided Stygian Archer back to Cheng tower while Agent Césaire and Cap went off in the other direction holding hands. I never thought much of their relationship, but I do find it cute when Alya gets all red at school, when I'm off superheroing duties, if anyone mentions Jade Shield. Ah.... If only she knew.

"Um, Ladybug? Can I ask you something?" Hesitated the recruit.

"SA, can I call you that?" Stygian Archer nodded in response.

"Okay. SA, it's okay to ask me questions anytime. It's not like I'm that reserved. Plus your an Avenger in training, questions should be asked regularly." I answered with a friendly grin.

"Oh, okay thanks. So I was wondering who that cat man was?" He asked with a more relaxed tone.

"You mean Chat Noir? He's just another recruit like you who just joined today. It's sort of our thing, some Akumatized civilians, like yourself, turn back to normal. But you for example didn't change at all. This means your side effects are permanent."I explained.

"Wait!? I can't take off this suit?!" Panicked SA.

"Oh no no. That's not what I meant. I was talking about your powers, not your villain makeover." I assured him.

As if on queue the sigh of relief from SA was timed perfectly to the opening of the elevator doors. The living room was just the same as we left it with the hole in the wall, curtsy of Chat's psycho mode. But right now, Chat Noir was just making himself at home on the couch looking at fashion magazines.

"Welcome back malady. Too bad you didn't come back alone it would have been way more fun."He spoke, looking up from his magazine.

    I had a quick debate in my head right after I heard that response. Should I cringe or should I brush it off? It was only a few seconds before-

"Ima just going to go to my bedroom and rest. Bye." SA announced, then sped off down the hallway.

     All I could muster up was the loudest face palm in the building. Seriously, I bet you a cookie that the receptionist heard it. All Chat was doing now was staring at me with the most childish gin.

"Look what you've done. You scared off SA..." I complained.

"I don't think so. I bet he's just being pawlite." He added with an awful pun.

Now he was on all fours. It was weird, but oddly fitting with his cat ears twitching and his magical belt tail wiping about. Very reminiscent of a cat. I babysat a cat or is it catsat? I'm not sure. But whenever I played catch the mouse with her, she would pounce. Wait.... Pounce?!

My brain was too slow to register before Chat came flying in for a bear hug. Cat hug? Ugh... I don't even know anymore.

"Cats aren't this touchy." I mumbled, now nose to nose with Chat Noir.

"What's wrong love bug? You feline okay?" Chat asked with the side of more cringeworthy puns.

"I will bite your nose off if you don't ge-" and of course the ding from the elevator interrupted me.

"Guys we ha-" Cap stood there looking quite confused.

"Were we interrupting something?" Alya stepped out from behind Cap with here eyebrows wiggling.

"Oh boy." I sigh exasperated.

"We don't have time for this. There's an attack at the Eiffel Tower!" Snapped Cap.

   "Another Akuma?!" I got up so fast that I left Chats face flat on the floor.

"It seems like it. Bee and Stone are holding it off for now, but they need backup." Agent Césaire added.