Chapter 3

Dan’s P.O.V

I woke up unusually early this morning. Maybe it’s just because I had a nightmare. One of the worst nightmares I had ever experienced.

“Chris, I need to tell you something…”

“Ok, what is it?” He turned to fully face me.

“I think I’m in love with you…” He stared at me for a few minutes before walking away from me.

“W-Where are you going?”  I stepped forward slightly.

“Away from you…I don’t want to be friends with a faggot! So don’t bother speaking to me anymore!”

Then I woke up, tears streaming down my face. The thought of him actually saying that put the idea of telling him out of my mind. I couldn’t do it. I couldn’t deal with rejection.

I sighed heavily and got out of bed, leaving the warmth and safety of my duvet.

Phil was in the kitchen making a cup of tea.

“Hey” He spun around to look at me “Whoa…You look rough…”

“Thanks Phil…I appreciate it…” I replied sarcastically, rolling my eyes. I grabbed a mug from the cupboard and made myself some tea.

“I was only joking, Dan. What’s up? Did you not get any sleep?”

“It’s not that, it’s just…never mind…” I walked back to my room with the mug in both of my hands. There was no way I was going to Phil this soon.

I rummaged through my wardrobe and settled on wearing a red jumper with some black skinny jeans. I jumped in the shower and let the hot water run down my back.

I quickly washed my hair and turned the shower off, wrapping a towel around my waist and walking back to my room.

After doing my usual routine of drying and straightening my hair, I made my way out into the living room where Phil was on his laptop looking through some of the comments on his videos.

“Do I look better now?” I held my arms out to the side and spun around. He quickly glanced up at me and nodded.

“Just stop fussing, Dan. Who honestly cares what you look like?”

“Uh…Me maybe!” He chuckled and shook his head.

“Whatever, Oh yeah, while you were showering Chris called. He said something about making a video with him? So you might want to call him back” He smiled.

The smiled that I had, faded slightly as I swallowed the lump that had formed in my throat.

Chris P.O.V

I was sat tapping my foot. When was Dan going to call back? I felt my phone buzzing in my pocket. I guess that answers my question…Finally.

“Hey” He said so quietly it was barely audible.

“Hey, so I had an idea for a video we could do together”

“Ok…What did you have in mind?” Why was he being so quiet? He was never usually like this…

“Well I was thinking we could do a how to speak northern video? And then you could post it on your channel in you want?”

“Uh…Yeah ok, when did you want to do it?”

“This afternoon…If you’re free”

“Yeah sure…just come over when you’re ready”

“Ok bye”

“Bye…” I hung up the phone and relaxed into the sofa. This could either go amazingly well or terribly wrong…

A few hours later

I walked up to Dan’s apartment door and knocked lightly. Phil answered.

“Hey, Dan’s in his room” He smiled and opened the door wide enough to let me in.

“Ok…” I walked in and knocked on Dan’s door before entering. He had already set the camera up and everything and was sat cross-legged in front of it.

“I just have to do the intro quickly and then we can get on with it…” He half smiled.

I nodded as he turned on the camera and talked to the lens.

Dan’s P.O.V

The video turned out better than I expected it to and it was so much fun. Some of the words didn’t make any sense which only made me get the majority of them wrong, failing miserably, causing Chris to laugh at me.

It kind of cheered me up to see him smile and laugh. It made me realise that he probably wouldn’t hate me if I did tell him…But then again, there’s always a risk…Oh fuck it! I’m telling him…

“That was so funny!” He said still laughing.

“Yeah…Do you even use any of them words or are they just made up and you’re trying to make a fool out of me?” I laughed.

“I don’t use them but I know people who do…And I would never make a fool out of you…” He started blushing when he realised what he just said which made me smile.

“Chris…Can I tell you something?” Here we go…

“Yeah, go for it”

“Ok…but promise you won’t hate me…”

“Why would I hate you? You didn’t kill any one did you?” He joked. I chuckled slightly.

“No, it’s not anything like that…”

“Oh…well what is it then?”

Oh god…How am I going to say this?!?

“Well…I kind of like someone and I don’t know what to do…”

He looked at me kind of…sadly? Why was he sad?

“Ok…Well who is it? Maybe I can help you, like give you advice on how to ask them out?”

“Well…um…” Oh shit, I can do this, I can do this… “it’s y-you”