Chapter 5

Dan’s P.O.V

I woke up and checked my phone for the time. 11:00 am. Whoa…oh well it’s not like I have anything important to do. Just as I was about to put my phone back on my bed side table, a text from Chris popped up.

Hey babe ;) x

I smiled to myself as the memories of yesterday flooded into my mind. I wonder if our second kiss will be as great as the first? Or even better…

Morning :D xx

I quickly texted him back before taking a quick shower. After getting changed I checked my phone again to see if he had replied.

You fancy coming over today? X

Yeah ok, just let me know what time and I’ll come round x

Now??? X

Haha ok I’ll be there in 5 :) x

“Bye Phil! I’m going to Chris’s!” I ran out of the door and hopped into the elevator.

Chris P.O.V

Dan was literally 5 minutes. I led him into the living room and sat down on the sofa next to him.

“So…What did you wanna do today?” He asked glancing at me.

“I was thinking we could just chill out and talk”

“Ok sounds cool” He smiled. His smile faded slightly as he looked at the wall.

“What’s wrong?” I took his hand in mine and looked into his eyes.

“Oh, nothing, it’s just what do we tell our parents?”

“Oh…” I bit my lip as I thought of a way we could tell them. “Well I could ask my parents over for dinner and you could come as well and then we can tell them?” I suggested.

“Yeah…I suppose I’ll have to do the same” He looked so nervous.

“Don’t worry…I’m sure it will ok”

He nodded and nestled his head into the crook of my neck.

I wasn’t really worried about what his parents would say, it was more important what my parents said. They had never been…what’s the word?...very supportive of me and they didn’t really like the idea of two men in a relationship…

A couple of days later

Yesterday, Dan invited his parents round for dinner and they actually took the news pretty well. In fact they were really happy for us. Now it’s my turn to tell mine…wish me luck…

“Will you stop worrying? It will be fine” Dan wrapped his arms around me.

“I know…I’m just nervous”

“Well don’t be, I’m sure they’ll accept you” He kissed my nose and went to sit back on the sofa.

“I’m not complaining but why have you suddenly decided to invite us round for dinner?” My dad looked at me suspiciously.

“I dunno…I just thought it would be nice to spend some time together…” He nodded and continued eating.

“So how long have you and Chris been friends?” My mum asked Dan not taking her eyes away from her plate.

I could tell he felt uncomfortable. I did too. I don’t think either of us could relax until I told them.

“Uh…about 2 and a half years” He half smiled.

“Ok…I need to tell you the real reason why I asked you to come here…” I felt Dan squeeze my hand under the table, reassuring me it would be ok. My parents glanced at each other and put their knife and fork down and then looked back at me.

“Ok, what is it?” My mum looked at me curiously.

“Well…I don’t know how to say this but I’m kind of um dating someone…”

“That’s great! Who is she?” My dad asked.

I sighed. Well this is going to be difficult “Um…He…”

“H-He?” My mum looked at me in shock.

“Yes, Dan is my boyfriend…” I looked at their surprised expressions for a minute.

“Well I think It’s time we were going…” They stood up and left.

I stared after them in disbelief.

“Chris…” I ignored Dan and walked off to my room.

I did feel kind of guilty about leaving him but I just needed time to think. I can’t believe my own parents would just leave after telling them something like that. They could have at least explained why they left so soon.

I buried my face in my pillow. “Fuck!”

A few minutes later I heard a light knock on my door before it opened and closed again. I didn’t bother to look up as I knew it was Dan.

“Hey” He said softly, sitting next to me.

When I didn’t respond he continued. “I know it seems bad now, but look on the bright side, at least they know now and you don’t have to worry about them finding out another way, like walking in on us holding hands or hugging or whatever…”

I still didn’t answer him. “Chris, just please answer me…”

“Chris? We can talk to them tomorrow of someth—“

I snapped my head up and looked at him “Just shut the fuck up Dan and leave me alone!” I immediately regretted it when I saw his face.

His mouth was slightly open as if he was trying to say something but couldn’t.

My face softened a bit “Dan…I didn’t…”

“No, it’s fine….It’s my fault for trying to make sure you were ok…” He stood up and went to leave.

I sighed “Dan wait…”

“No Chris, I’m gonna leave you alone like you want me to. Text me when you get out of your mood…”

I heard the front door slam and I dropped my head back into my pillow. “Fuck my life!”