Chapter 21

Olly P.O.V

Jesse and I have been dating for the past 3 weeks and I finally gathered up enough courage to tell my parents, with Jesse’s help of course.

They seemed pretty ok with it. Especially mum. Dad was more shocked at first but once he mulled it over in his head he was really happy for us and said that as long as I was happy, he didn’t care who I dated and yeah I was happy. Really happy. In fact, Jesse has made me the happiest I’ve been in a long time.

I think he’s already told his parents…Well, he told me he did anyway. Said he wanted to get it out of the way…Although, he still hasn’t let me meet them yet…Maybe I should ask him…

We were wrapped in each other’s arms on my bed when I decided to confront him about it.

“Jess?” I asked as I ran my fingers through his soft hair. It had grown a bit since we first properly met.

“Hm?” He replied not looking at me.

“I was wondering. When am I gonna get to meet your parents?”

As soon as I mentioned it, I felt him tense up and he pulled away from me and sat up. “Jesse?”

He sighed. “I guess we could go now, I don’t think they’re busy”

“Ok…” I quickly got up and chucked on a random pair of shoes. I don’t know why he was so reluctant about me going to his house. I mean, I know its nerve racking but they’d understand right? After all, he had two dads so it’s kind of the same thing really…

“I’m home!” He called as he let me through the door and closed it behind me.

“We’re in the kitchen!”

He gestured for me to follow him. He looked kind of…guilty? No, that wasn’t it. It was obvious he was nervous. This is the first time I didn’t know what he was thinking or feeling.

“Hey Jess” Jesse was greeted by a tall guy with brown hair and tanned skin.

“Hi” He reached up and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. “Olly, this is my dad, Dan. I don’t know where Chris is though…”

“Oh, he’s just changing quickly”

“In the middle of the day?” Jesse asked with a confused look.

I tried my best to stifle a giggle.

“Yeah…” Dan replied, shuffling awkwardly on the spot. “Anyway, he should be down in a second”

“More like now” Another guy, who I assumed was Chris, entered the kitchen fixing his shirt.

“Talk of the devil” Dan smiled as Chris walked over and placed a kiss on his lips.

“Urgh! Too much PDA!” Jesse groaned as Chris laughed.

“Oh shut up. Aren’t you forgetting something? Who’s your friend?”

“Oh yh, this is my friend Olly”

Wait, did he say friend? Friend…Nice to know that’s all I am to him…

“Anyway, we’re going upstairs now”

As soon as he shut his bedroom door that’s when I finally lost it.

“You didn’t tell them!”

“Tell them what?”

“Don’t act stupid with me Mr. You know what!”

“Ok, I’m sorry, it’s just I haven’t told them about my sexuality yet…”

“Oh for god’s sake! It’s not like they’d hate you! They’re gay too!” I tried my best not to shout too much so I wouldn’t draw attention to us.

“You don’t understand though! I don’t know how to tell them!”

“I don’t care. I want you to tell them before I get back”

“why? Where are you going?”

“I need to get something from my house” Of course that was a lie. I just needed an excuse to get out of there before I do or say something I might regret.

I spun on my heels and exited his room and said bye to Dan and Chris before walking back to my house.

Jesse P.O.V

Great. Now he’s pissed at me, that’s just what I needed…

Ok, so I have at least an hour to tell them…Oh crap…I’m not ready for this…

I slowly made my way downstairs and found Dan and Chris sat in the living room.

Oh well, here goes nothing… I stood in front of them looked at them for a few seconds.

“Jesse? What’s wrong?” Chris asked.

“Dad, dad” I said, looking at each of them in turn. “I need to tell you something”

They both sat up straight and glanced at each other as they gestured for me to sit in between them.

“No, it’s better if I stand up”

“Ok, what’s going on?” Dan asked, concerned.

“Uh ok, well you know Olly?”

The both nodded.

“Well…Um…” Oh god…I couldn’t breathe. My lungs felt like they’d been crushed by a lorry and the walls were closing in on me.

“Jesse, just calm down and breathe and then say it” Chris reassured.

I took a deep breath before continuing. “Ok, well um, me and Olly, we’ve um…been dating for almost a month now…” I could feel myself started to tear up and I had to swallow the lump that had formed in my throat. "Don't hate me..."

“Oh Jess, come here” Chris patted his lap, telling me to sit on it, which I gladly obliged to as he wrapped me in a hug. “We could never hate you, it doesn’t matter who you date because we will love you no matter what. If you didn’t notice before…” He pointed a finger to him and then to Dan. “That’s normal to us Hun”

I smiled slightly at him. “Thanks”

“Is that why he walked out earlier?” Dan asked this time.

“Yeah…He got mad at me because I told him I’d told you about us and he found out I didn’t…” Right on cue, the doorbell rang.

“Do you think that’s him?”

“Yep…” I replied.

I quickly got off of Chris’ lap and jogged over to the door and opened it to see a less pissed off Olly looking back at me.

“Look, I’m sorry I kicked off earlier. That was uncalled for and—“

I cut him off. “It’s ok, I told them” I smiled.

“You did?”

“Yep and they’re totally fine with it”

“See I told you!...Stupid!” He chuckled.

“Hey! Dude!”

“Sorry…” He smiled as he entered the house and wrapped me in a huge hug and planted a gentle kiss on my lips. When he pulled away and turned to see a grinning Dan and Chris.