Chapter 9

Chris P.O.V

I watched as Dan set up the camera. Honestly, I was so nervous about making this video that I felt sick. I didn’t bother to hide it because I knew Dan would know how I was feeling.

He looked up at me from what he was doing and sighed. “Look, I know you’re scared but it will be fine, I promise” He smiled. I nodded slightly with no emotion on my face. He turned back to what he was doing.

“Dan?”

“Hmm?” He didn’t take his eyes away from the tripod.

“Do you think we could maybe say it at the end of the video?”

“Yeah, sure. If that’s what you want” He stood up and faced me, giving me a quick kiss. “You ready to start then?”

“Yeah…I guess” No…

In a way I guess I was kind of glad that we were getting this over with, I mean at least now that we’re telling them we wouldn’t have to be so secretive in public, like we would get to hold hands and stuff. I just didn’t like the thought of what they would say if they didn’t like the idea of me and Dan in a relationship.

It was so hard not to grab Dan’s hand or kiss him while we were making the start of the video. I know we were going to tell them anyway but I didn’t want to give anything away until then.

“Ok, me and Chris have something to tell you guys” Dan spoke to the camera. Here we go…

“A lot of you have some crazy OTP’s…Well you’ll be glad to know that me and Chris are together…That’s right, Danstickz is real! If you don’t like that fact then fuck off but if you do then I love you!” He smiled. I chuckled at his cheekiness.

“Anyway, I’ll see you guys next week! Bye!” He waved at the camera.

“Bye”

He turned off the camera and beamed at me.

“What are you so smiley about?” I laughed.

“I’m smiley because we can now hold hands in public and not worry about the fans seeing us”

“Yeah, me too I guess” I actual felt happy about this. I dunno what I was worrying about.

“I’m gonna go and edit it. You coming?”

“Yeah ok” I followed Dan into his room and sat down at the computer.

Dan’s P.O.V

It took a couple of hours to edit the video but I didn’t care. Me and Chris watched the video when we’d finished and some of it was really funny. I posted it onto my channel and signed out of YouTube.

“We can read the comment tomorrow…If we get any that is” I chuckled.

“Of course there will be comments, you’re Dan Howell”

I poked my tongue out at him “Whatever…So what do you wanna do now?” I spun my chair around so I was facing him.

“Um…I don’t know, you choose”

I bit my lip as I thought of something. A grin appeared on my face as I looked back at Chris.

“Oh no…What are you thinking?”

Instead of answering him, I pulled him closer to me and kissed him. It started out as little pecks but Chris deepened it as he wrapped his arms around me. Soon it was a full blown make out session, we didn’t even notice Phil was standing in the door way until he coughed. We broke apart and looked at him. I could tell my cheeks were red.

“Uh…I was wondering, if um…I could um borrow the camera now?” He rubbed the back of his neck.

“Yeah, sure…You feel awkward don’t you?” I said handing him the camera.

“Well you would too if you saw your best friend getting it on with their boyfriend…”

I couldn’t help but laugh at his comment. “Just go and make your video Phil” I said as I pushed him out of my room.

When he was gone, I turned back around to Chris and we both burst out laughing.

Chris stayed over for the night since PJ was staying at another one of his friend’s houses and Chris didn’t like being there on his own. To be honest I didn’t like being away from him for a long period of time anyway.

It just felt right for him to be next to me. Like I couldn’t enjoy anything unless I was with him.

The next morning, we woke up tangled in each other’s arms.

“Morning” He whispered.

“Hey” I giggled at his bed hair.

“What?”

“Your hair” I pointed to the hair that was sticking out all over the place.

He quickly tried to fix it into place. “No, I think it’s cute” I blushed.

“Thanks” He pecked my nose “Can we see if there are any comments?”

“Yeah” We both jumped out of bed and sleepily walked over to the computer.

I quickly signed into YouTube and clicked on the video. I scrolled through the comments as we both scanned them. I smiled to myself as they were all positive so far. As we got further down, there were a few hate comments like ‘unsubscribing’ and ‘faggots’ but I just ignored them. I turned to look at Chris and he had a frown on his face. He quickly shook his head and smiled at me.

“Who cares about them?”

I smiled at him and hugged him. “See? I told you nothing bad would happen”