Chapter 8

Chris P.O.V

I felt a pair of eyes on me. I turned to face Dan and he had a serious look on his face. He opened his mouth to speak but I cut him off. “No…” I stood up and walked into the kitchen to get a glass of orange juice. I knew exactly what he was going to say, I could tell by his eyes. He was going to ask if we should tell the fans and that is a conversation I did not want to go into.

“What do you mean ‘no’?” He followed me into the kitchen.

“I know what you were going to say and it isn’t happening” I sipped on my drink occasionally glancing up at him.

“Ok, well what was I going to say then?” He folded his arms and raised an eyebrow at me.

“You were going to say we should tell the fans…I’m sorry Dan, but I don’t think it’s a good idea…”

“…maybe you did know what I was gonna say…But that’s not the point…Why don’t you wanna tell them?”

“Because…Because I just don’t think I’m ready for it yet…” In a way that was kind of true but the other reason was because I knew we would get loads of hate for it…yeah I know they’re our fans and they would support us and everything but there are always people out there who don’t care about anyone’s feelings but their own. I just don’t think I could handle that.

“Fair enough but we have to tell them at some point because if we do any videos together, it will take so long to edit out all of the lovey-dovey bits…”

“I know, just not this soon. I don’t wanna rush into things” I looked down at the floor, hoping that he couldn't tell I was lying.

Dan sighed and walked over to me, wrapping his arms around my waist. “I know, I’m sorry. I guess we can wait a while”

I looked up at him and smiled. “Thanks” I kissed his lips and went to my room to get dressed.

Dan’s P.O.V

It had been 3 weeks since me and Chris talked about telling the fans. He kept putting it off and wanting to wait a few more days, but clearly this turned into weeks…Every time I asked him about it, all he would do was ignore me. It kind of frustrated me a bit since I thought it was only fair that the fans knew about us. Was he embarrassed about our relationship? I hope he isn’t…

We sat cuddled up on the sofa watching TV. PJ had gone out with Phil so we had a few hours to ourselves.

“Chris?”

“Hmm?” He replied not taking his eyes away from the screen.

“You love me don’t you?”

He turned his head up to face me. “Of course I do, Why would you think otherwise?”

“I dunno it’s just that it’s been 3 weeks since you said we could tell the fans and nothing’s happened and I was just worried that you were embarrassed about us…” I avoided eye contact just so I wouldn’t feel awkward.

He sighed and turned his body round so he was facing me. “Look at me…”

I turned my head slightly. “Dan, it’s not that I’m embarrassed, it’s just that…” He paused for a minute. “It’s just that I was scared…”

“Scared of what?” I asked furrowing my brow.

“I was scared that people might give us hate…”

I half smiled at him and pulled him onto my lap. “No one will give us hate Chris, and if they do, they will have our fans to deal with”

“That is if we have any fans left…” He mumbled but I still heard him.

“Chris, stop being so negative…We won’t get any hate”

“Think about it, my parents practically hated me for telling them, so what makes you think the fans will be any different?”

Great just what I wanted…another fight with him…

I calmed my voice so I didn’t sound angry with him. “They don’t hate you though, they even said that they were in shock. Your mum even said we were cute together! Please Chris, can you just trust me on this and tell the fans?”

He was silent for a minute before he finally turned his head to face me.

“Ok…We can tell the fans…”

“Really? Thank you!!” I practically screamed in his face, pulling him into a passionate kiss. He laughed at my reaction. “Just promise you won’t change your mind at the last minute”

“I promise” He smiled.