Chapter 2: Already Home

Chapter Two:

"Are you sure you're not a serial killer? You know, like the one who brought those women to the Wicklow mountains to rape and murder them?" I babbled on sarcastically as we drove through the deserted countryside.
"First of all you know me longer and you know more about me than most people in my life. Second of all if I want to have sex with you all I have to do is ask" he smirked arrogantly holding my hand in his rubbing his thumb across my knuckles.

It was late evening and I was exhausted from my daunting days work. Monday's were a real killer especially with Chloe's work thrown on my shoulders too as if I had nothing better to be doing.

The only reason I had managed to stay awake was because I was peculiar as to where exactly this strange boy of mine was taking me. Just as the sun was going down my eye lids fell heavily closed and I drifted off asleep.

"Hey sleeping snorer wake up were here" Josh softly shook my shoulder in an abrupt effort to wake me up.
I slowly opened my eyes and yawning loudly stretching my arms wide, taking a look around me not quite adapting to my surroundings just yet.
"Where are we?" I moaned sleepily eyes half closed, yawning once more.
"Take a look" he breathed softly.

I sat upright wrapping the blanket around myself to protect me from the cold as I took a look around. Night was beginning to fall but because of the bright lights of the town below I could see exactly where I was!
Home!..Well close enough.
"What are we doing here?" I gasped sliding out of the car and looking out over the town.
"I brought you back to the place where I realised I loved you" Josh whispered wrapping his arms around me and pulling me gently into his embrace.
"You realised what?" I asked not believing what I had heard.
"Isabelle.." Josh whispered turning me to face him "..I have been in love with you since the first day I saw you walking down the corridor in school when you smiled and said hello to me".
"Josh I..I love you too" I smiled in disbelief reaching up on my toes and kissing him softly.
"I need to ask you something. But first I want you to dance with me" he noted walking over to the car and turning on High School Musical Can I have this Dance.
"I'm sorry but are we in a Nicholas Sparks movie?" I asked mockingly.
"Ah you were always one for romance Isabelle" he accused holding my hand and pulling me close to him.

We were dancing on Vinegar Hill. Dancing and laughing and just enjoying being together. The other people in their cars who had most likely came up for different reasons probably thought we had escaped from a mental asylum but we didn't care we had each other. It was then that I realised that my home wasn't just in Enniscorthy, my home was with Josh.
"So Chinese or Maloccas?" He asked as if there was a choice to be made.
"Chinese is really expensive BUT I want a chicken curry and rice with chips sooo badly!" I smiled knowing I was going to win running past him to get to the car.
"Hey! that's cheating!" He scoffed running after me.

When I got back into the car I soon realised just how cold it had been. I flicked on the heater and wrapped the blanket around me once again.

I had got my own way in the end and we got to go for Chinese. The joys of being a spoiled princess really had paid off. Josh held the door for me as we walked inside and pulled out the chair when I went to sit down.
"Oh you're such a gentleman" I complimented pretend curtsying as he took a seat.
"Only for my princess" he smiled putting his hand on his heart and nodding at me whole heartedly. I tried to suppress my laughter but just ended out snorting instead.
"I never knew you were a pig" Josh teased.
I could feel my face heat up and I had a sneaking suspicion that I was as red as a tomato.

When we received our food without any hesitation I devoured it quickly. I wasn't hungry I was just nervous. As I sat waiting for my dessert I admired every detail on his perfect face - The lines on his forehead from worrying to much, his perfectly chiselled jaw line, the scar through his eyebrow from his first county final when he got in a fight with the rival team and took a whoop lash of the hurl to the face leaving him needing stitches.