Chapter 21: Party Shopping

Chapter Twenty One:

I could feel the happiness building up inside me and I just wanted to scream yes and jump on him. But I didn't I kept my cool and played it well.

"I'd love to" I smiled hugging him tightly.

Shopping for New Years Eve.

"Have you any ideas in mind?" Mam asked as we walked..well they walked and I hopped along on my crutches.
"I was thinking of wearing a dress and heels" I smiled trying not to let anything of me and Seamus to spill just yet.
"What about your ankle?" Isabelle giggled as we walked into Lipsy.
"Dr O'Sullivan said I should be off these tomorrow" I smiled proudly.

I looked through all the dresses trying my hardest to pick one that would suit my slender figure. We went from shop to shop looking for the perfect outfit.

"This is useless my legs hurt and I'm exhausted" I complained as we came out of Hollister.
"Hey lets go for McDonalds and then we can go have a look in Urban Outfitters" Isabelle suggested.
"You have always been obsessed with McDonalds" I laughed as I hopped along side them.
"Hey they have the nicest curly fries ever!" Isabelle defended.

As we sat waiting for our food I couldn't suppress my urge to tell them anymore. After all they were my family.

"I have something I need to tell you" I announced calmly.
"Shoot" Mam smiled warmly eating her burger.
"Seamus has asked me to be his girlfriend" I blurted out sighing with relief after holding it in for three days.

Isabelle sat looking at me in shock for a few moments before she composed herself.
"Finally!" she spluttered.
"We have been waiting for this for ages now" Mam giggled agreeing with Isabelle.
"How did you even know?" I asked in disbelief looking back and forth between the two.
"We are your parents, of course we know" Isabelle smiled triumphantly eating a curly fry.
"So basically we are looking for an outfit to dazzle Seamus" Mam taunted wiggling her eyebrows.

When we had finished up eating we quickly made our way to Urban Outfitters. Much to my luck I hadn't seen anything in there either.

"This is useless I give up" I sighed sitting down on the bench.
"There is one last shop we haven't went to just yet" Isabelle muttered to herself.
"Where?" I asked hopeful.
"Well I don't know if you'd wear anything out of there but we used to always buy our clothes in Put a Bow on it".
"Let's go" I smiled grabbing my crutches and walking through the shopping centre once more.

When I walked inside it was like heaven. I skimmed through racks full of different style dresses, skirts, tops and trousers.

"Sweetheart I think I found the dress" Mam shared happily between us.
I turned my head abruptly to see she was holding a beautiful formal décolleté dress.
It was a peach pink flowy bottom and the corset was sparkling silver covered in diamanté.

"I love it" I smiled my eyes lighting up happily

"Now all we need it shoes".

When we had paid for the dress and had went to Korky's it was time to go home and hide my dress from Seamus.

The day before New Years Eve

"What does it look like?" Seamus asked irritably.

He was annoyed at me because I had refused to let him see my dress until New Years Eve.

"Why can't you show me?".
"It's a surprise, I want you to be surprised when you see me not already know!" I snapped.

We had decided to bring Sandy and Lucky out for a walk and ever since we had left my house he had been constantly questioning me. We sat down by the lake and decided to let Sandy and Lucky off their leads so they could have a run around.

"Baby please tell me" Seamus pleaded moving closer so that his lips were just inches from mine.
"You know trying to seduce me into telling you doesn't work" I whispered running my fingers through his hair and kissing his soft lips.

When we got back to my house we decided to just lay around in the sitting room watching Teen Wolf and basically having a kiss fest. My parents weren't home so it gave us some privacy. I was glad they trusted us considering our new found relationship to be at home on our own, it gave me a feeling of pride.

"Are you going to tell me yet?".
"Do you really think you can change my mind?" I asked rolling my eyes at him.
"I hope I have".
"Not a chance" I smiled kissing him again.

New Years Eve

I stood looking at myself oddly in the mirror. Mam had done my tan that morning and it turned out perfectly and the dress looked amazing on but I just felt bleh.

I sat at my table and did my makeup as I waited for my straightener to heat up. Ariana Grande 'Dangerous Woman', was playing through the speakers dad had bought me for Christmas.

"You look beautiful Aibh" Mam smiled hugging me tightly.
"Thanks Mam so do you".

Having a New Years Eve party was tradition for Mam and Isabelle. Ever since the launch of their makeup products they had hosted the party. I could feel the excitement churning in my stomach as the thoughts of kissing Seamus under the mistletoe at the stroke of midnight danced in my mind. It would be perfect. When I was ready I tested out walking on my ankle in the silver heels I had bought. I still had a slight twinge but I was ready to go. I picked up some of the plates from inside and carried them out to the gazebo for when the guests arrived. Isabelle was already helping set up but Seamus wouldn't be arriving till after football training.

When everyone finally started to arrive I ran upstairs and sprayed some perfume. I looked out my window and saw Seamus and his friends huddled around talking. This was my moment to shine.
'Try not fall this time Aibh' I scorned myself walking down the stairs and out the back doors.

Seamus looked up from the ground and his eyes rested on me. His boyish smile widened as I walked closer to him and his friends.

"You look beautiful.." He could barely speak kissing my cheek.