Chapter 10: Mother Claire

Chapter 10:

"You're what!" I squealed jumping up on the new leather sofas we had bought.
"I'm pregnant! Oh Is I've wanted to tell you so bad but I was scared" Claire cried with joy standing up and hugging me.
"I'm so happy for you! How far along are you?" I asked her sitting down beside her happily.
"I'm about three months in. I was just leaving the hospital when they brought you in" she smiled a hint of sadness cracking in her voice.
"Hey Claire.. what happened the night I was admitted to hospital?" I asked.
"When I saw you on the gurney I rang Josh and your mum telling them what had happened. The doctors said you had been put in a coma so that your body could heal. We were all so worried" she explained.
"Boy or a girl?" I asked lightening the mood.
"Take a lucky guess" she giggled looking at me.
"Boy?" I groaned looking at her.
"Nope, we're having a little girl!" Claire squealed.
"I cannot wait!!" I smiled.

With the present situation a baby was exactly what we needed to make us all come together.
"So Godmother?" Claire asked turning to me.
"Really?".
"Obviously. You're not just an aunt" she giggled.
"I'd love too" I smiled hugging her.

"I can't believe it like" Josh chuckled as the two men walked in the door.
"Did you tell him?" Claire asked walking looking at them both.
"I did, I asked him too don't worry" Paul laughed light heartedly.
"I think we should celebrate" Josh added clapping his hands and rubbing them together. He was such a boy.

"Would you like some orange" I asked Claire. No more cocktails and vodka for her. Haha.
"Why would I.. Oh for fuck sake I can't drink anymore" Claire whined looking over at Paul.
"Don't give me them eyes I don't get sex for 9 months" Paul accused.
"You won't get it ever again if you continue" Claire threatened.
"Okay I'll be quiet" Paul surrendered putting his hands up.
I handed Claire a glass of orange with ice and a straw. I was glad to have my little family all back together. We were just missing..
I heard a knock on the door and I guessed who it was...the missing person to our little family. I smiled at everyone and walked over and unlatched the door.
"Hey Jess you're right on time" I giggled letting her in.
Jess looked so much better. She wasn't on crutches anymore. Her long black hair was curled and she had her makeup done perfectly. She was wearing high waisted jeans and a beautiful silk black top.
"I have news" Claire beamed running to Jess and hugging her.
"Your getting married?" Jess guessed.
"Close. I'm pregnant!" Claire squealed again.
"Oh my god!" Jess smiled happily. A real smile "Congratulations".
Josh handed her a glass of champagne and we all took a toast.

Josh made us all chicken curry with rice and chips and we all sat at the table talking endlessly about everything. My phone vibrated on the table. I picked it up and was shocked to see a message from Catherine
I'm not going anywhere this time. Watch your back.

"Is what's wrong you look like you just saw a ghost".
I looked across the table at Claire seriously.
"Catherine text me. She said she isn't going anywhere this time".
"Who's Catherine?" Josh questioned.
"Catherine is the person who put me in hospital.. She came to see me the night you went home warning me to stay away from Chase" I explained.
"Why didn't you tell me?" Josh growled.
"Catherine is Chases sister. She bullied Isabelle and Claire for years. Chase told me before" Jess added taking a sip of champagne.
"She said if I don't stay away I'll end up dead like my brother" I chocked on the last words that escaped my lips trying to hold in the tears.

For years I had blamed myself for what happened to Chris. I always wondered about what would have happened if it had been me not him.
"Hey Claire will you help me wash up. Jess you too" I began looking at them both.
"The soccer is on anyway were gonna go watch it" Josh stood up from the table and walked to the sitting room. Paul followed completely lost by what had just been told.

When everyone had went home Josh sat on the sofa watching the television. I decided to finish what we had started earlier my own way. I crept into the bedroom and slipped on the Victoria's Secret black lace underwear he had bought and let my long curly brown hair down, I sprayed my Daisy by Marc Jacob on my neck and walked into the sitting room comfortably.

I decided to play hard to get because Josh was giving me the silent treatment so I went to get myself a glass of coke waking in front of the television on my way.

I felt Josh watching me. His eyes were endeavouring me. I could hear his footsteps creak as he walked up behind me.
"What you got here kitten?" Josh purred running his hands up and down my hips and in between my legs.
"Oh I wouldn't know" I groaned seductively.
Josh turned me around and picked me up on the counter. He quickly unbuttoned his pants his eyes wild.
I ran my fingers through his hair slowly sucking on his neck driving him crazy.
"If you keep this up I'll bend you over the counter and stick it in you" he moaned against my lips.
"You had better not!" I gasped jumping off the counter and running into the bedroom.
"Really your going to try run?" Josh mocked running after me. I stood at the other side of the bed and when he took a run for me I leaped over it and ran into the sitting room again.
"Come catch me" I winked running around the sofa.
Josh ran up and threw me in his arms.
"Isabelle I have never loved someone as much as I love you.." he began trying to catch his breath.
"I love you too..".