Chapter 16: Birthday Surprise

Chapter Sixteen:

"You got me a Rolex watch.. How?" Josh asked me surprised.
"I think the words are thank you" I smiled watching him as he scanned the watch.
"Thank you, I love you" he smiled kissing me.
"Right lets go I'm hungry" I smiled grabbing his hand and pulling him out the door.

My Birthday!

"Baby wake up" Josh shrugged me gently trying to wake me up from my deep sleep.
"Mm..ya.. go sleep" I murmured not quite ready to wake up just yet.
"Do you want you birthday present or not?" Josh asked walking towards the door.
I jumped up out of the bed quickly and ran down the stairs after Josh.
"What is it?" I asked quickly.
"First breakfast then presents" Josh smiled handing me my full Irish- rashers, sausages, pudding, egg, hash browns, onions and mushrooms and a caramel latte.
"Birthday breakfast!" I shouted sitting at the table scoffing down my food.
"For a girl of twenty you really are a big child" Josh mocked eating his breakfast.
"Go find yourself someone else then" I mumbled.
"I only have eyes for you".
"Well ain't you cute" I laughed picking up my phone and replying to all the birthday messages and flipagrams being posted on my Facebook wall.
"Has Claire posted it yet?" Josh asked the sound of mocking in his voice worried me.
"Posted what?" I asked worried.
"The video of that time in fifth year when you fell into the toilet with your legs in the air" Josh burst out laughing while reminding me of one of the most embarrassing times in my life.
"She wouldn't dar...Claire!" she not only posted the video but she also posted a Flipagram of me from the age of four up to the age of twenty.
Josh couldn't help but laugh at the reaction on my face.
"Josh this isn't funny.. Wait what have you posted!" I asked horrified at the picture of me from first year.
"Take it down now!" I almost died of humiliation.
"Eat your breakfast so I can show you your present" Josh couldn't stop laughing all throughout the duration of me eating my food.
"Now I'm done" I smiled my face full of food as I got up to put my plate in the dishwasher.
"Go get dressed" Josh laughed.
"Why do I have to get dressed? Why can't you just give it to me?" I whined.
"Because Isabelle while you get changed I have to go get it" Josh gave not one single clue away as to what he had got me.

I sprinted up the stairs falling up a step or two and ran to get a shower. When I got out I put my hair in two Dutch braids on either side of my head so that my hair could dry naturally. Josh and I had already arranged to go see family and friends that day and then to come home because he had another surprise for me.

I jumped into my light wash denim skinny jeans and pulled on my white long sleeved top. It was May 14th so it wasn't all that cold, the sun was shining so it was warm enough. I slipped on my converse and quickly run back downstairs.
Josh was nowhere to be seen when I got downstairs. I quickly ran outside and saw him standing behind the trees looking at me.
"Where is my present Josh?" I moaned getting impatient.
"What have you always wanted but your parents would never let you have?" Josh asked me the most rhetorical question ever.
"You didn't" I squealed with joy.

Josh bent down behind the tree and out ran a beautiful grey, black and white husky.
"Do you like him?" Josh asked walking towards me.
"Oh my god you are the cutest thing ever" I laughed crouching down and rubbing him behind his ears.
"What do you want to call him?".
I sat thinking for a moment and finally decided what I wanted to call him.
"Lucky" I smiled, the name was very simple yes but I was lucky because I had Josh.
"Why?" He asked cocking his head to one side, Lucky copied him.
"I'm lucky to have you" I giggled standing up and walking inside.
Lucky followed in after me.

Claire had organised a family get together for me over at her place. Mam and dad were there and so were Josh and Pauls parents, Jess had come too.
"Happy Birthday my beautiful girl" Mam smiled hugging me tightly. When we separated she handed me a small Pandora box.
"Thanks mam, I love it" I smiled kissing her on the cheek.
Claire, Paul and Aibhlinn had bought me a new makeup brush set.
"Thanks guys! I love them" I smiled happily. Claire hugged me tightly.
"Happy birthday sweet heart" Helen smiled handing me an Inglot bag.
"Thank you" I smiled hugging her.
Helen and I had always been close. We had to be really considering she Josh's mum. They looked so much alike it was unreal. His dad and brother shared more of the same qualities.

"What's for dinner?" Josh asked walking into the kitchen and poking his nose around.
"Food now get out" Claire snapped playfully pushing the men out.

When dinner was over, Claire and mam went into the kitchen to get my birthday cake, chocolate fudge was my all time favourite cake. They all sang happy birthday and I blew out my candles.
"Thanks everyone" I smiled as Josh and I head back to our home.

Josh set the fire and turned on movies while I ran upstairs and got into my pyjamas. When I came down he had made a blanket fort and had two champagne glasses out.
"You really are a hopeless romantic aren't you" I giggled sitting down beside him and kissing him softly.
"I still have one last surprise" Josh smiled whistling loud.
"Ouch my ears".
Lucky came running into the sitting room with a small velvet red box in his mouth.
"Thanks boy" Josh rubbed behind his ear.

Josh took the small box and climbed up on one knee opening the box to reveal a beautiful diamond ring.
"Isabelle.. Will you marry me?" Josh asked me softly.

To be continued..