Chapter 8: Remember me?

Chapter Eight:

"Isabelle, my name is Doctor James O'Sullivan, how are you feeling?" Dr O'Sullivan spoke slowly as my eyes adapted to the bright lights.
"Fine thanks".
"You've been in a coma for the past month so don't worry if you can't remember anything for the time being" she explained.
"I know" I smiled sullenly looking around the room to find Josh.
"Can you remember anything from the accident?" Dr. O'Sullivan asked handing me a small glass of water.
"I can remember everything.. Except for who it was.. My head really hurts" I winced holding the top of my head.
"Try and get some rest" Josh croaked his husky voice gone dry.

I slowly dozed off asleep.

"She woke up this morning" Josh whispered. I opened my eyes and looked around the room to see Claire standing looking at me worried.
"Hey" I smiled my voice still dry.
"Here have some water" Josh smiled sadly holding the water to my lips.
"How you feeling?" Claire asked.
"Fresh as a daisy" I laughed lightly looking at them both.
"You've been asleep for a month I'm not surprised your so awake" she smiled sitting on the bed beside me.
"How is everyone? " I asked looking at Josh. His face was pale and the dark bags under his eyes were almost black. I wasn't dreaming I really did see them all.
"Worried about you, your mum and dad should be here soon. Can you remember anything from when you were sleeping?" Josh asked urgently.
"Everything. It was as if I was outside my body I saw you all and heard you all" I smiled holding his hand softly.
"Really?" Claire asked.
"Yeah, why can I smell McDonalds?" I asked looking around the room sniffing.
"I brought you some chicken nuggets, thought you might be hungry" Claire smiled .
"I love you both" I beamed looking at them both.

"Isabelle!" Mum cried running into the room and hugging me gently.
"Mum" I smiled a tear streaming down my face.
"I've been so worried. How are you feeling?" She asked holding me at arms length.
"I'm fine. I'm just going to get some rest. I don't feel to good" I smiled tiredly laying down and trying to get some more sleep.

"Over my dead body".
That face. I know that face. It was a woman. I know it was.

"Do you think she will be able to talk to us?" I woke up to the sound of the young female guard that was at my house the night Jessica was attacked.
"She's awake now" Josh smiled holding my hand weakly.
"Hey Isabelle, my name is Linda I was with you before" she smiled taking a seat beside Josh.
"Hey Linda" I smiled.
"I just wanted to ask if you remember anything from the night of the accident?" She asked looking at me her brow furrowed as she took notes.
"I had a dream about it last night. I can remember the face. I recognise her from somewhere but I can't remember where" I sat up trying to remember where I had seen this woman before.
"A woman?" Josh asked surprised.
"I thought it was Chase too".
"When you are out of this place would you mind having a sketch artist take down details and draw up the woman for us to identify?" Linda asked calmly.
"I can do it now if you like.. Do you have any paper?" I asked curiously.
"Here" Linda looked at me oddly handing me her pencil and paper.

I thought back to the woman I had saw and I drew her as I remembered her- short black hair, a little older than me, heavy weight, deep green eyes.

"Thank you" Linda smiled taking the notebook and leaving Josh and I together.
"How have you been?" I asked looking into his lost eyes.
"Worried about you" he sighed kissing my forehead.
"I'm sorry" I smiled a half smile wrapping my arms around him.
"Isabelle it isn't your fault. If I had have just came and got you we would be at home right now. I'm sorry Isabelle" Josh cried holding me close to him.
"I love you Josh" I held him so close that he couldn't hold me closer.

I had been awake a whole week. Everyone was passing by to say hello and give me flowers and the doctors were in constantly making sure I was recovering well.
Josh was staying with me day and night.
"I'm serious I'll be coming home soon. Go home and shower and get some sleep in our bed" I urged as Josh sat on his chair arguing to stay with me.
"Are you sure you will be okay?" Josh asked concerned.
"Yes I will be fine now go,go,go I love you bye" I giggled.
"Bye baby I love you. If you need anything call me" Josh smiled kissing me.

At 3 o'clock I was still laying awake. I had my back facing the door as I lay awake looking out the window.
I heard my door creak open and I jolted up quickly.
"Hello Isabelle how are you?" A sinister voice challenged.
"Catherine. What are you doing here?" I asked nervously.
"I came to see if you were still alive" she smiled walking closer to me the light from the window reflecting her features.
"It was you! Your the one who hit me!" I accused looking at her short black hair and her deep green eyes. How hadn't I thought of it earlier.
"You got what was coming to you. I'm going to warn you now bitch. You leave Chase alone or I swear I'll tear you limb for limb" Catherine hissed grabbing my wrist and jerking me forward.
"Let me go!" I yelled pulling free from her tight grasp.
"You leave him alone or next time you'll end up dead just like your brother" she smiled viciously walking out of my hospital room.

My phone vibrated on the locker beside me. I picked it up both hands shaking from what had just happened. It was Claire.

'Catherine is back and she is coming for us.'