Chapter 19: Christmas Joy

Chapter Nineteen:

Christmas Day

I didn't even need my alarm clock when it came to Christmas Day. Seamus was an alarm clock for both houses. At 5 o'clock Christmas morning when I was sleeping peacefully dreaming about.. confidential things I was not expecting to have Seamus run and jump on me.

"It's Christmas!" He shouted jumping up and down on my bed.
"You'd swear you were five years old" I groaned rolling over and trying to go back asleep.
"No you're not going back asleep don't be so lazy" he scoffed pulling the blankets off me.
"Go wake Charlie up!" I whined grabbing my blankets and pulling them over my head.
"Everyone else is awake aside from you"

Seamus complained grabbing my foot and dragging me out of the bed. Being the petty bitch I am I grabbed all my blankets and brought them with me! I even had my pillow with me by the time he got me out on the landing.

"Are you serious!" Seamus asked rolling his eyes at me. I mumbled back at him and closed my eyes to go back asleep.
Victory was mine at last!

When I woke up I was laying on the sofa with my blankets wrapped around me and Lucky laying with a protective paw on my side. I slowly sat up and rubbed behind his ears.
"Merry Christmas!" Seamus bellowed walking into the sitting room merrily.
"Have you found them yet?" I yawned a look of amusement slapped right across my face.
"You know I haven't so why tease me further?" he accused sitting down beside me.

I slowly reached under the couch and pulled out two parcels handing them to Seamus reluctantly. His face lit up triumphantly as he took them eagerly.
As he peeled back the wrapping paper I could see him grin from ear to ear.

"Have I ever told you just how much I love you?" He near cried looking at the new Battlefield game.
"It gets better" I smirked watching him happily open his presents.
Without another word he picked up the smaller box and shook it softly trying to guess what it was.
"What's this?" looking at the box distastefully.
"It's a memory of when we were younger" I snapped.
"I remember this day" he smiled looking down at the picture of us last year on the beach in Thailand.
"I'd be worried if you didn't" I laughed.

Ever since Seamus and I had kissed I found it harder to shake him out of my mind. When we were eating breakfast my mind drifted back to his soft luscious lips on mine. If anyone had ever told me that Seamus would be my first kiss I would have laughed in their faces in disbelief. Sometimes I wondered if it had ever happened. It wasn't an awkward kissing it was full of passion and I thought I felt a spark. But that was probably just me getting caught up in the moment.

"Are you's ready for breakfast yet?" Mam asked walking into the sitting room with Charlie on her hip.
"Mm food!" I smiled my eyes brighter than ever. As much as I loved mam's cooking Isabelle's was so much better.
"Hi Aibh" Charlie huffed crossing his arms in a moments anger.
"Good morning Charlie. Don't worry I have your present here" I smiled holding up the large wrapped box.

Charlie, a young five year old boy with a heart of gold and an imagination so vivid even I believe his imaginary friends are real! Charlie took after Josh completely. He had the blue eyes and the blonde hair and the signature boyish smile that all three of them had.

"Where's dad?" I asked walking out into the kitchen.
"He should be back soon. He and Josh have gone to collect Uncle Chase" Mam beamed handing me my plate.
"Why isn't Jess coming over?" I asked Isabelle wondering why they hadn't been talking.
"She's to busy with Catherine to care about any of us" she sighed sitting down in front of me "so when would you like to go shopping for the New Years Eve party?".
"After Boxing Day?" I looked at mam.
"Yeah sure. We can go to Dundrum" she smiled eating some more.

Mam was always so uneasy when Catherine was brought up. I knew she was related to Chase but I knew none of what she had done.

"Can I have my present now please?" Charlie asked tugging at the knitted jumper that Josh had bought me.
"Of course you can" I beamed picking him up on my hip and skipping into the sitting room.

Charlie laughed hard and clapped his hands as we danced around before I plonked him down on the sofa and have him his present.
He looked at the wrapping for all of two seconds before ripping the parcel open.

"You got me a car!" He shouted clapping his hands happily.
"Aw cool little man lets see" Seamus laughed walking in and sitting down beside him.
"I love you" Charlie smiled getting off the chair and hugging me.
"I love you too Charlie" I smiled hugging him.

I was an only child. Mam and dad had tried for another baby but when she was born she died soon after birth. After that they were far to heartbroken to try for another child. Who could blame them really? It broke all of our hearts.

"You okay?" Seamus asked looking at me worryingly.
"Yeah sure I'm fine" I smiled.

I had never thought of Seamus in the ways that I had been since we kissed. As much as I tried to push them out of my mind I couldn't. I would just have to try and forget them.

"Hey everyone!" Chase bellowed walking into the sitting room.
Charlie was the first one up off the sofa to run over and hug him.
"Hey Chase how are you?" I giggled gathering myself off the floor to go over and hug him.
"I've missed you all obviously" he chuckled handing me a small box.
"What is it?" I asked running my finger along the navy velvet box.
"Open it" he laughed walking into the kitchen to Mam and Isabelle.

  I examined the box for a minute before clicking the box open. It was a beautiful gold necklace with an 'Aibhlinn' pendant.
I smiled for a moment before walking in and thanking him.

"It's beautiful I love it" I smiled as Mam fastened it around my neck for me.
"It looks lovely on too" Isabelle smiled hugging me.
"You can have all your other presents late on" Josh laughed eating his food.
"So basically all the other men in the house forgot to get Christmas presents and are going to try go on a scavenger hunt to find presents?" I accused.
"Either way you are getting presents so be happy" Dad chuckled reading his newspaper. Since when was he reading newspapers?
"I am ever so grateful for all of you never mind the presents" I smiled. Wow that was deep as hell.
"We love you too" Mam smiled hugging me tightly and kissing my hair.
"Get dressed or your not getting my present" Seamus smirked standing in the door way watching the happy scene unravel
"You got me something?" I asked shocked. When did he ever get me anything that he'd put thought into? Never if hadn't already noted my sarcasm.
"Go up and get dressed" he rolled his eyes.

Without hesitation I ran upstairs and got into my Christmas clothes. In Ireland if we're lucky it may snow for Christmas. But with the snow comes the freezing cold. I grabbed my hat,scarf,gloves and winter coat from my wardrobe. Isabelle had bought me light wash skinny jeans, a white v neck top and a white turtle neck jumper. I got dressed quickly and left my long brown hair down straight. I pulled on my khaki green winter coat and wore my wellies. If I had've wore my Uggs my feet would have been soaked. Thanks to my mother for giving me a brain. I put on some makeup because I wanted to look presentable for.. well Seamus.. What is happening to me!

I ran down stairs quickly and walked into the kitchen.
"You look beautiful" Seamus smiled happily handing me a white lily.
"Really? The flower of death?" I smiled trying to suppress my laughter.
"You could at least try and be grateful" he scowled.
"Thank you" I smiled holding him close he smelled so god damn good!
"Right come on its out the front" he winked walking toward the front door in front of me.
"Have fun. But not to much fun" Dad warned as we left.
"Close your eyes" he chuckled covering my eyes with my hands.

We slowly walked outside, Seamus was guiding my movement because my eyes were covered.

"Open your eyes" he whispered in my ear.
I opened my eyes and almost cried with surprise.
"Seamus! Oh my god I love it" I felt a tear streaming down my face.