Chapter 11: Let's Graduate

Chapter Eleven:

When I woke up that morning I heard a loud knocking at the front door. Josh was still asleep beside me. He hadn't had any sleep the night before if you get what I mean. I slipped into my night dress and walked toward the front door.

"Good morning Isabelle, I'm sorry to have woken you so early of a Saturday morning but he come baring good news" Linda smiled as I let her and a young male guard in.
"Morning, want some tea?" I asked them both yawning.
"Yes please" they both said in unison.
"This is Tony. He's new to our squad" Linda explained.
"Hey Tony" I smiled as I made the tea "so what's the good news?".
"We found and have arrested Catherine" she smiled taking the mug from my hands.
"Thank God for that" I sighed with relief having Tony his mug of tea.
"Thank you" he smiled. His voice was very high pitched. He looked about twenty four but he had the voice of about fourteen.
"So what happens now?" I asked looking toward my bedroom door as Josh stumbled in half asleep.
"Well you can choose to press charges or you can let her free to hurt you again" Linda explained.
"Morning" Josh waved walking into the bathroom.
"Ignore him" I giggled "How do I go about pressing charges?" I asked.
"Fill out this and if needs be you may need to go to court" Linda handed me a clip board and a pen so I could fill out the statement document.

"Graduation will take place on the 12th of April. We will be ordering your black cloaks and having a huge ceremony out on Stephens green" Rayanne our tutor explained.
"I can't wait" Claire giggled.
"Neither can I" I smiled hugging her.

We were finally graduating from college. After a whole year of unexpected twists and turns we were finally graduating. Our lives were starting to piece together.

"Isabelle" Rayanne greeted "how are you feeling? We haven't really had a chance to catchup since your accident. How have you been?" She asked worried.
"I'm doing good. Everything is starting to come back right" I explained.
"I'm glad your okay, I came to see you while you were in hospital. We were all shocked when we heard the news" Rayanne smiled at me weakly and walked into the middle of the room to explain to the girls what we would be doing to prepare for our graduation.

Claire and I decided to go baby shopping the next day. She was about 8 and a half months along and she was huge. I couldn't quite believe that my best friend would be having a baby. I was so happy for her. Especially with all that had happened in the past year.
"Can we go for food first?" Claire complained as soon as we walked into the shopping centre.
"Claire we just ate an hour ago" I laughed looking over toward McDonalds.
"Come on then pregnant lady" I smiled rolling my eyes.
Claire and I sat outside eating looking around at all the women pushing there prams with there husbands by there side. Happy.
"I'm scared Is" Claire confessed.
"Why?" I asked eating my curly fries.
"What if I'm just as bad a mother as what mine was?" Claire asked looking up from her hands.
"Claire your going to be an amazing mother because you are an amazing person!" I reassured her.
"Thanks Is, I love you" Claire smiled hugging me.
"I love you too".

After we had ate we went to Mother Care. By the name of the shop you could very easily guess that it's a shop for pregnant women to buy baby stuff.
"Hello! How can I help you?" A very excited middle aged women smiled walking towards us and gripping us in tight bear hugs.
"I'm having a baby girl in a few weeks.. I'm looking for a cot and some clothes" Claire explained. Josh and I had already bought her a perambulator and a bottle steriliser and bottles.
"I love this one" Claire claimed looking at the long white cot with the pink fluffy blankets.
"Let's get it then. We still need to get home and start painting the room pink" I giggled.
Josh and Paul had already been at home setting up the room but I had to keep Claire occupied.
"I don't know though I like this one too" Claire moaned walking over to the pink cot.
"Take your time and make up your mind" I laughed holding blankets, sheets, overalls and cute little boots.
"But they are all so cute! It's so hard to decide! Is help me" Claire moaned rubbing her stomach.

After about an hour of walking around looking at cots Claire finally decided on which one she would like.
"I want the pink one!".
"Hallelujah!".
"That will be €750 please" the woman smiled holding out her hand.
"Why must babies be so expensive?" I asked humorously.
"Well it's new life they deserve the best they can get" the woman looked right at me. If looks could kill I would've been on the floor dead.

"Food?".
"Really you're hungry again?" I laughed looking at Claire. This was not pregnancy. This was her wanting to be a fatty.
"Well yeah" she blushed walking through the shopping centre.
"We can before we go home".
"Penneys?" She smiled knowing my answer.

Penneys (Primark) was my favourite place in the world to go. Cheap clothes, underwear, shoes, socks, jewellery. You want it they probably had it!
"I need a hospital bag" Claire began as we skimmed threw the pyjamas.
"So toothbrush, hairbrush, pyjamas, wash bag and slippers" I replied making a checklist in my mind.
We walked around picking up everything that Claire needed. I picked up a pyjamas and woolly socks for myself. As we stood inline to check out Claire leaned closer to me.
"You okay?" I asked looking at her.
"Either I just wet myself or my water just broke!!" Claire whisper shouted.