Chapter 17: The Answer

Chapter Seventeen:

The Wedding Day:

After five years I finally had the chance to live my happily ever after, and if anyone was wondering of course I said yes!

We had at first decided to get married a year later not having realised that three months after he had proposed that I would be pregnant on Seamus. So in the end we had settled to be married on the 2nd of Janurary.

Aibhlinn was four when we married and Seamus was three but that's a story for another day. Claire and Aibhlinn were both bridesmaid and flower girl. I had never seen a cuter little girl walking down the aisle throwing flowers over her head giggling as they danced around her like little fairies. Seamus was obviously our ring boy. He had his little black suit to match his daddy's, he ran down the aisle quickly using the ring cushion to hide his face.

When I walked out in front of everyone and began to walk up the red carpet that had specs of sand around it, I looked up to see Josh's youthful face. He was grinning from ear to ear and his eyes lit up as if he were a child on Christmas Day. I had asked Chase to give me away because I had never had the warm loving relationship with my father that the blessed children had.

Chase had finally turned his life around, Josh and Paul had decided to open up their own furniture business and they needed the extra help so they took Chase under their wings. As for Jessica and Catherine I'm not sure where they ended up but with heartless, malicious people like that I wouldn't like to know. But anyway back to my wedding day.

When I finally reached where Josh was standing I felt a warm smile creep onto my face.
"Hi" I whispered.
"You look beautiful" he smiled taking my hands in his.

Mind you he had never seen or heard anything about my dress. I had it made especially for me because someday I wanted to pass it on to my children. Maybe even Claire would wear it if she wanted to.
It was pearl white, the whole corset was encrusted with diamanté and the skirt had many layers. Little specs of silver sparkles were dotted over the skirt I had a beautiful purple flower crown on my head.

"Isabelle Maria Bernadeth Devereux do you take Josh to be lawfully wedded husband" The priest bellowed possibly popping an eardrum in the process.
"Hmm let me think about that for a second" I teased giggling softly "I do".
"Well that's what we're hoping for anyway" the priest added "and do you Josh Dylan Francis Brennan take Isabelle to be your lawfully wedded wife".
"I do" Josh smiled.
"You may now kiss the bride".

Josh didn't just kiss me, no that was far to bland for him. He dipped me low and kissed me passionately the same way he had on Vinegar Hill the night he asked me to be his girlfriend. The best and most memorable night of my life.

Our wedding was in Hawaii so I should've expected what was to happen next. When I went into the hotel to get into a swimsuit and throw clothes on Josh and Paul ran in and picked me up like a king. I was only in my swimsuit so I was not happy to be run out across the beach. When we got to the water Josh threw me up into his arms bridle style and flung me into the water.

"Josh" I squealed the freezing water indulging me all over.
"Happy five year anniversary baby" he cooed running down the beach away from me.

All in all, my wedding day was a day that I will never forget.