Chapter 9: Coming Home

Chapter Nine:

"Well Isabelle you can go home today if you wish" Doctor O'Sullivan smiled checking my heart rate.
"Can i really?" I beamed my eyes lighting up.
"You've almost made a full recovery so yes your free to go" she smiled.
Without another word I climbed out of the bed and bolted to the bathroom to get a shower and get into my own clothes.
No more hospital food for me.

When I was dressed and ready to go home Josh stood in my hospital door waiting for me.
"Ready to come home baby?" He asked looking at me.
"I couldn't be more ready" I giggled walking to him and kissing him.

When I walked through our apartment door I looked around happily. Home.
"How are you feeling?" Josh asked carrying all my things to the bedroom.
"Glad to be back" I smiled urgently.
"I hope so.. I'm glad your okay" he smiled kissing my head.

Josh didn't know about the night in the hospital. It was a secret between Claire and I that I had to keep to protect Josh. How hadn't I realised sooner.

"What do you want to do tonight?" Josh asked hugging me tightly.
"Spend as much time with you as I possibly can because I love you more than life itself?" I laughed kissing his soft lips.
"I don't know what I would have done if I had lost you" he replied seriously studying me closely.
"What aren't you telling me?" He asked suddenly.
"What do you mean?" I asked trying not to let anything slip.
"There is something you've remembered. I can see it in your eyes".
"Nothing just a headache" I lied.
"I'll make us dinner, do you want to choose a movie?" Josh didn't try and press what was wrong with me. It wouldn't get him very far anyway.

I sat on the floor skimming through Putlocker looking for a movie to watch. We were to cheap to pay for Netflix. Besides Putlocker had all the new movies on it and they were all free!
"Anything come to mind yet?" Josh asked sitting on the sofa.
"I think we should watch The Blair Witch" I smiled sitting down beside him.
"Awh is my little princess wanting to watch a scary movie" Josh cooed.
"Shut up!" I giggled moving onto his lap and kissing him roughly.
Josh wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me in closer, kissing me passionately. We hadn't been so close in over a month and I needed to feel him again.
"Babe are you sure your ready? Your only home you could be sore" Josh asked breathless as I pulled my top off over my head.
"I want you so bad" I moaned unbuttoning his shirt.
"Come on then" he winked tugging at the tie on my tracksuit.

A sudden knock on the door made me jump.
"I'll go get it" I began pulling my top over my head quickly and walking towards the door.
I opened the door my heart almost in my throat. I sighed with relief when I saw it was Claire.
"Hey you okay?" I asked cautiously letting her in.
"Yeah I'm fine I just need to talk to you.. On your own if that's okay?" Claire smiled weakly.
"I'll leave you both to it" Josh got the hint and stood up about to leave.
"Paul is outside waiting for you, he wants to tell you something" Claire tried her hardest to put a brave face on.
The look of fear in her eyes had be scared. What could have possibly happened? With everything that had been going on the problem couldn't possibly have gotten worse.

"What's going on?" I asked worryingly.
"I'm making tea do you want some?" Claire asked not able to look me in the eye.
"Coffee. I'll make it. Is it that bad?".
"No it's not bad. Well it's not good either".
"Claire I'm worried tell me what's going on" I pressed turning to look at her.
"You just need to sit down when I tell you okay".

Claire went into the bathroom while I made her tea and myself coffee. I put biscuits out on the new oak coffee table that Josh had made for us. He was so handy. I curled up on the sofa drinking my coffee waiting for Claire to come back out.

"Are you going to tell me now?" I asked curiously as she sat down beside me.
"You are going to freak out" Claire smiled a tear escaping her eye.
"Tell me!" I urged.
"Isabelle..I'm pregnant!" Claire yelled tears streaming down her face as she hugged me tightly.