Park Jimin: Happiness

Characters: Park Ji Min, Ahn Sa Na (OC), Min Gi Yoon

3rd Person POV

"I'm going to go hang out with Giyoon, Sana! I love you, I'll be back soon!"

Park Jimin and Ahn Sana had been dating for almost a year now, but to Sana, it seemed as if he didn't love her anymore, even though he always said he did.  Lately, he had been hanging out with the new girl, Min Gi Yoon most of the time instead of his own girlfriend.  She allowed him to hang out with her, seeing how happy he was.

The beginning of their journey together was amazing, she felt special, inportant, she felt like she was someone. Before she had met Jimin, she was that person who everyone seemed to know but never seemed to notice.  Sana was the first person everyone seemed to come to, when they seeked out comfort or advice.  But she was the last person anyone really came to for hanging out.  She was always the humorous, bubbly girl that liked to make everyone happy.  Trying so hard to never be selfish.

She shared everything with everyone, even her food, usually causing her to no longer have anything to eat for herself.  But she still put on a smile, a smile that was almost always fake her entire life but everyone seemed to believe it.  She felt pain, the pain your heart goes through when you're the last one chosen, the last one anyone would ever think of.  The one who was ignored unless someone needed something from her.

She had her two best friends, one no longer at her school and the other not as close to her anymore.  She had everything she ever wanted, except love.  Her parents showcased love to their children all the time, making sure they always had everything.  But at the same time, she felt like they didn't really care.  They were always focused on her little brother, but it was okay because she had a roof over her head, food to put in her stomach, and clothes to warm her body in the cold. 

She worked hard to succeed, sometimes embarrassed that she got the top score on some tests.  She didn't like attention like that, but she wanted love.  She just wanted to feel loved.  She made sure everyone felt loved but they never really cared about her feelings.  Empty promises. Empty words.  Fake.

Until she met him. He made her feel loved, special, important. He made her feel as if someone would actually care if she suddenly disappeared from the face of the Earth.  There had always been a little part of her that wanted to die, but she couldn't.  She was a coward.  Afraid to hurt herself.  Wanted to leave painlessly.  Wanted someone to do it for her.

He showered her with love, and she made sure he felt special.  But now, it seemed like only she gave him love.  He just didn't feel the spark anymore, as it seemed.

That night, when he returned, he was all smiles and happiness, pecking her cheek.  But she just sat there, face showing no emotion.

"Did you have fun?" She tried to smile, sadly failing but he didn't seem to notice.

"Lots.  We went to eat ice cream, watched a movie, stayed at the park until sunset.  It was wonderful." He paused, suddenly feeling a twinge of guilt, "We should do that together sometime, love."

"Yeah maybe we sh-  Nevermind."

Finally seeming to notice his girlfriend's stiffness, he rubbed her shoulders, "Are you alright, love?"

She forced a smile on her face, "Yeah, I'm perfectly fine.. But uh, we need to talk, Jimin."

His eyebrows furrowed, she hadn't called him Jimin in a long time.  Always calling him Chimchim, Chimmie, Jiminie, or any of her other cute nicknames for him.

He settled down in front of her.  "You can tell me anything, Sana.  It'll be okay, whatever it is."

But it's you, she thought.

"Jimin.  I- I think we should m-maybe... break up." mumbling the last part, but he could hear it as clear as day.

"W-Why, Sana?  Did I do something wrong?  Why? I'm so sorry, I really am. I love y-"

"Don't say things you don't really mean, Jimin.  Please, it just hurts people even more."  She interrupted him firmly.

He shut up.

She sighed, "Jimin.  You didn't mean it, but it happened."

"What did I do? I promise I'll fix i-"

"You fell out of love.  You aren't in love with me anymore Jimin.  You're in love with Giyoon.  I can see it.  You no longer spend time with me.  I'm always left by myself at our apartment.  You always ask if it's okay for you to spend the day with Giyoon and ask if I have anything planned for the day.  I always say that I do, don't I?  But I never do.  I just wait.  As much as I love you and never want to let you go, I want you to be happy even more." She paused, "You're not as happy with me as you are with her.  I see the way you look at her, it's the way you used to look at me.  I see the way you smile when you talk about her.  You love her Jimin.  You really do.  And I don't want to have to go through the pain anymore.  So, I think we should break up.  You'll be happier without me."

He was speechless, tears welling up in his eyes.  She was right, he knew she was.

"I-I'm sorry, Sana.  I really am." He whispered.

"It's not your fault." She sadly smiled, inhaling sharply.  "You can keep the apartment.  I don't need it anymore, I'll leave.  Goodbye, Jimin.  I- I love you.  I'll miss you.  Please don't miss me, I'm not important enough."  She came over to him, giving him a small peck on the cheek before heading into their room and grabbing her suitcase.

He could only sit and watch her leave. Making no move to stand up.

She glanced at him once more before she left the apartment and his life, for good.

I love you, Park Jimin.  I'll miss you more than anything.

____________________________________________________
That was painful to write.  :') But ayye I relate to Sana more than I should. I love you guys, thank you so much for reading my crap.  lmao ty, ilyy♡♡♡♡
Lots of love,
Isabelle♡