Water

"Noora!" I heard their calls from the cliff, then heard splashes as they hit the waters surface.

Martinus landed a couple of feet away from me, while Marcus was no where to be seen. I looked around, worried, trying to stay afloat at the same time. I swam towards Martinus, not wanting to loose him. I took his hand, clutching it against my chest.

I looked over at her and smiled. Her hands were warm, heating up my cold fingers. I turned away from her again, trying to find my brother in the churning water. He was nowhere to be seen.

The river flowed towards the mouth of a cave, darkness engulfing us. How would I ever find Marcus in here?

I felt something strife my leg. I screamed in surprise and terror. Martinus clamped his free hand over my mouth, making me quiet down. When he released me, he pointed towards a sandy shore. We swam towards it, dragging ourselves up. I looked out over the dark water, looking for signs of the lost boy. Suddenly Martinus dived in again. He fought his way towards the spot were he had seen the shore, and went under. I searched the water for him, waiting desperately.

I was blind. I was deaf. And I was running out of air. I fumbled around desperately. And there. My hand hit something. I felt cloth around a heavy body. Marcus. I wrapped my arms around his still body, and pushed off from the river bed. The water felt still around me. Peaceful. If this was death, then I would gladly accept it.