Boys

I woke to my stomach rumbling. And to my back hurting. And to the sound of someone throwing up. I sat up, carefully, not wanting to disturb the boy who was no longer there.

I got up, having realized that Marcus was gone. Following the sound of coughing, I saw him standing behind a bush, vomiting up water and swallowed silt. I walked over to him, brushing his long hair out of his eyes. His coughing calmed down, allowing him to look up at me. I smiled down at the boy as another coughing fit came over him.

As I stood there, holding back his long hair, Martinus came up behind me.

She jumped when I came up behind her, putting my hands on her waist. She giggled at me, then turned back to Marcus, her smile fading.

I smiled sadly, then lay my chin on her shoulder.
"I'm sorry..." I whispered into her ear, not allowing Marcus to hear. She nodded slightly, then smiled. A tiny thing, nearly invisible. But it was there.

"We need food," Selenia said, pacing across the shore. Five, four, three, two, one, then turn around and repeat. It reminded me of before. It reminded me of the stages. Of screaming fans, and of songs. Our songs. Dancing. Singing. It didn't seem like she knew, though. Who we were. It was nice, though. To be with her... I was glad she didn't know. We could be together for who we were, not for our fame...

"Damn it, Martinus!" I exlaimed, exasperated. "Were you even listening?"
"What?" He said. Gosh. My hand went to my forehead. Classic. I sighed. Boys.