Jealous

Would they ever come in? I walked around restlessly, always keeping an eye on Noora and my brother. What were they doing out there? I couldn't tell... And that worried me. I frowned. Could I be jealous? No way. I didn't like anyone. Why should Noora be any different... I pursed my lips, thinking. Because she was. Because she was different. She had never heard of us. Maybe that was it. She knew us for who we were, not for our fame. And I liked that.

I could feel his stare. Right in the back of my neck. I tried my best to ignore it. But it was freaking me out. I turned around, letting go of Martinus. He didn't look up from the water. I gave Marcus a glare. I wish he could just stop watching me. He raised his eyebrows at me, challenging me to say something. I rolled my eyes and turned back to Martinus. He was suddenly struggling to pull in the line. The fish must have been quite big. I got a good hold on the rope to help him pull it in. We didn't speak. Words weren't always necessary.

The beast was big. It was another salmon, I could tell when we got it on land. It was probably twice as big as the one we caught yesterday.

"Hand me the knife, will you?" I asked, holding out my hand.
"Uh, right..." He said, pulling it out of his belt. I took it, preparing to make the kill.

She slashed the throat, blood spilling out. Since both her hands were occupied, she couldn't hold her nose, and was therefor not breathing. I could tell she was getting lightheaded.

I felt his warm legs press towards my back, his hands closing around my mouth and nose, allowing me to breathe. I gulped in the air, thankful for his help. But just to be mean, I bit him in the hand. Not hard, but not gently either. I felt him wince behind me.
"What was that for!" He exclaimed. A smile tugged at the corners of my mouth. He obviously felt it, because he gently kneed me in the back. I laughed slightly, and returned to my work. I cut down the length of the fish, splitting up its stomach. I wrinkled my nose at the intestines, but started cutting them out as well. The heart was small and triangular, a fine shape. Holding it in my hand, I thanked the universe for its life.

"I can take over now." I said, indicating that Martinus should go see to the fire.
"Why?" He asked. I frowned.
"Go!" I hissed. He had had enough time with Noora for today.
"No." His voice was clear. So was the meaning behind the word. 'Not unless you tell me why.' That was what he really meant. But I couldn't tell him, could I? He would just laugh at me. I could tell him much. But that didn't mean everything. Instead I sent him a killing glare, then stalked away, sulking.