Chapter 1: Vincent

"Welcome (f/n)(l/n). Would you like to introduce yourself to the class?" Your new first hour teacher asks.
     "Uh... Sure..." You say as you quietly head up to the front of the room where the teacher is beckoning you. A cold sweat hits you. You hate it when everyone is watching you like this.
     "I'm (y/n). As you all know... I just moved here." You didn't really know what else to say. You didn't know how these people were going to react to you.
   "Alright then... Anything else you'd like to add?" The teacher asks you.
     You shake your head no. The teacher motions for you to take your seat and you begin to do so when a girl kicks her foot out and trips you. You close your eyes waiting for the hard floor to hit you, but instead you feel strong arms around you.
     You look up and see that the boy holding you has long, black hair and a red face. You quickly get on your feet by yourself and thank him.
    "Y-you're welcome." He says looking away from you.
    "Aww, Vincent finally found a girlfriend~" said the same girl that tripped you. The class giggles a little. The guy that caught you is Vincent you're guessing. He sits next to you. He looks down at the desk and says nothing.
     "Alright class that's enough." The teachers says.
     You sit back down and try to relax. You don't say anything the rest of the class, and the next class. You were far too embarrassed. It was lunch when things started to get interesting again.
     After you get your lunch you are left to choose a seat in a large cafeteria. You have no idea where to sit. You consider just not eating lunch that day when you spot Vincent alone at a table and you decide to sit next to him.
     Vincent looks at you surprised and begins to blush a bit when you accidentally bump his arm with yours.
     "Sorry... Mind if I sit by you?" You ask.
     "N-no. Go ahead."
     "So... Nice to meet you." I say in attempt to start a conversation.
    "You too..."
     "So... What sort of things do you do for fun around here?"
     "Well... I usually just go home after school, but sometimes I go to the arcade-" You cut him off.
      "An arcade?!?!"
     He looks surprised. "Y-yeah... There's one in town."
     "Awesome. I'll have to look for it. I love arcades. My dad and I used to always go together before... Before he passed on." You say.
     Vincent doesn't say anything for awhile.
     "I could show you where it is after school... If... If you want."
     "I'd love that! Thank you Vincent."
     "No problem." He replies.
     "So you like video games?" You ask.
     "Yes I do. Do you?"
    "Yes I do! I love them." You reply.
     "Cool. What's your favorite kind of game?" He replies. Yes actually talking to you!
     "I like all kinds of games really. I also like a lot of anime..."
     "I like some of it, but not all of it." He replies.
     Silence again. For a minute anyway. You begin to miss the silence as soon as it ends.
    "Well, well, well. I knew I was right!" A familiar voice said. You turn to see the same girl that tripped you with a group of her friends, you're guessing, behind her smiling evilly.
     "Vincent and (y/n) sittin' in a tree. K.I.S.S.I.N.G." The girls chant as they walk away laughing.
     "Well... She seems nice." You say sarcastically.
     "Yeah. That's Rica. She's a jerk."
    "I see that..." You reply.
     After lunch you didn't talk much to anybody the rest of the day, but after school you excitedly wait for Vincent in front of the school. After about five minutes of waiting Vincent shows up.
     "Hi!" You say waving at him approaching. "You still up for showing me the arcade?" You ask.
     "Yeah. I am." Vincent replies walking off. You follow him, assuming he's leading you to the arcade.
     The walk to the arcade is dreadfully quiet... And awkward. When you get to the arcade you are super excited. You haven't been to an arcade in years. As you'd told Vincent, your father used to go to an arcade with you before he got sick. Very sick. Eventually it wore his body down and killed him. It was a very painful thing to watch.
     The arcade is pretty big for a small town arcade and you immediately spot your favorite game. Pac-man. Old fashioned, but definitely your favorite. You immediately pull some quarters you had in your pocket and I insert them into the game. It takes awhile, but evetually the ghosts kill you and you laugh. You missed playing that game so much. Something hits you in the face, surprised you jump and look at the object that is now lying on the floor. It's a Pac-man plushie. You smile, pick it up, and look at who threw it at you. Vincent. You laugh and throw it back. He seems surprised for a second them throws it back again. It's an all out war until eventually you give up. "Haha. Where did you get this?" You ask holding the plushie.
     "I won it." Vincent replies.
     "That's awesome. I've never won anything like this before."
     "Keep it." He says when you go to hand the plushie back to him.
    "Really?"
     "Yeah. I don't need it. And I kind of got it for you..." He says as his face goes red.
     "Thank you!" You say hugging him before you realize what your doing. When you do realize your actions you quickly pull away.
     "S-sorry..."
     He smiles a little bit. He's got a nice smile. You look him in the eyesas well, and realize they are a really pretty blue.
     "It didn't bother me. Just surprised me. It wasn't half bad... A-actually..."
     I smile back. We continue to play games until it gets pretty late, and I realize how lateit actually is. "It's already nine?! Vincent I have to get home! Thank you so much again for everything but I really have to go!" You run out of the arcade leaving Vincent surprised. You run out of the arcade and run towards your house.
     When you finally get home your mom sees you and let's out a sigh of relief. "(Y/n) where have you been?!"
     "I-I was with a new friend at the arcade... We lost all track of time I'm sorry, Mom." You say.
     Your mother sighs again.
     "It's alright... Just be more careful next time. It's dark out. Now go take a shower and go to bed."
     "Yes mother." You do as you're told.

_______________________________________

(A/N) Hi guys!! I'm back. I hope you will enjoy this rewrite of this story. If you have any ideas of things you would like to see in this story, please comment them! I'd love to see what you guys think. I dint know how often I'll update, but I will probably do so often when I have good ideas. Thanks for reading everyone! Sorry this is such a short chapter!!