Chapter 3: New Friends

You wake up to your noisy alarm clock and get around for school. You are dreading going back, considering what had happened the day before. Once you are completely ready for school you head into the kitchen so you can get breakfast. Your mom has a look of shock on her face, and she tells you what's wrong when you give her a quizzical look. 
     "(Y/n) a girl at your school was murdered last night!" Your mother informs you.
     "What?!"
     "Yes! Her name was Rica (b/l/n)"
     "Oh my..."
     You did hate her, but you never would have wanted this to happen. You wondered who would have done such a thing, and your mind flashed back to your neighbor from the night before. You didn't say anything however, because there was no proof that he was the person who killed Rica. Even so, his behavior was suspicious.
     You end up not eating breakfast, and you leave your house almost scared. Your fears are put to ease a bit, however, when you see Vincent is standing on the sidewalk waiting for you.
     "Good morning!" You say as cheerful as possible as you walk up next to him.
     "Good morning." He replies.
     "Did you hear about what happened? To Rica..."
     "Yeah... I did..."
    "It's pretty crazy really. I can't believe that actually happened."
     "Yeah. It is pretty crazy, but she was a major jerk."
     "Still..."
     "I fail to see how you can feel too much sympathy after what happened yesterday." Vincent says.
     "Well, she was human. Everyone makes mistakes. Even if she was a jerk."
     "I guess." Vincent replies.
     You spend the rest of the walk to school in silence. When you actually get to the school is when things get interesting. In all of your classes, you occasionally notice Vincent glanzing at you. Sometimes from the side of his eye. Eventually you begin to blush.
     A guy in your class that you haven't talked to speaks to you though.
     "Hi. I'm Jackson! It's nice to meet you (y/n)"
     "Oh. Hi! Nice to meet you."
      "You too. And hey, I don't think it's fair how Rica treated you. I don't know where she is today. Maybe she realized what she did." Jackson says. Completely oblivious to the fact that Rica is now dead. You don't know weather you should tell him or not...
     You look at Vincent and you jump when he's looking right at you.
     "Vincent... You scared me." You say.
     "Oh... S-sorry." Vincent says as he turns away, blushes, and rubs his neck.
     You turn back to Jackson.
     "Jackson... Did you not hear?"
     "Hear what?" He says looking away then looking back, confused.
     "R-Rica was..." You stop talking when you realize a boy from across the room is smiling at you...
    "Uh. She... Was..."
     The boy looks away, so you do too. That was weird.
     "Rica was murdered last night." You say.
     "What?!?" Jackson says, extremely surprised.
     "Yes... My mother told me this morning."
     "Oh... Oh my..."
     You turn away from Jackson, not knowing what to say next.
     A girl that sits close to you chimes in.
     "Hey, it is a tragedy what happened. But, what Jackson said earlier is still true. She shouldn't have treated you so bad... I'm (f/n). By the way."
     "Nice to meet you (f/n)."
    You reply.
     You, (Y/n), Jackson, and occasionally Vincent talk to each other the rest of class. You realize that you've made two new friends. This is great. Now, you actually have a girl that you can talk to about everything.
     At lunch Jackson and (f/n) sit with you and Vincent. Vincent seems surprised, and you are too at first. After awhile though, you are glad they sat with you guys. You give everyone your phone number, so they can call or text you whenever they need to.
     After school, you walk home with Vincent, and he waits for you to go completely in your house before he goes home. You try to relax as much as possible as you go to your room, turn on the tv, and lay down on your bed.
     Not long after that, you get a text from an unknown number.
      "Hey."
     "Hi... This is?"
     "Vincent."
     You put Vincent's contact into your phone and text him back.
     "Okay. Awesome!" What are you up to?"
     "Not much."
     "Very descriptive. Haha." You reply.
     "I just got home a second ago so... I'm not really doing anything fun."
     "I'm watching tv myself. I'm not doing much either."
     He doesn't say anything for a second.
     "So... You seem to like (f/n) and Jackson quite a bit."
     "Yeah, they seem pretty nice."
     Vincent doesn't say anything, so you don't either. You wonder what he's thinking. Does he not like them?
      You and Vincent end up not saying anything until pretty late at night. You are almost asleep when you get a text that says, "goodnight."
     "Goodnight." You reply.
     You go to sleep thinking about what could have been bothering Vincent earlier that day.

_______________________________________
(B/l/n)- Bullies last name.
(F/n)- friends name.
     Sorry this chapter is short guys! Thanks for reading!