Chapter 5: The Hooded Man

You and Vincent ended up spending the rest of the day together, and you watch Vincent go home. To your great surprise, you find out that Vincent is your next door neighbor. Could Vincent be the man in the black hoodie that sometimes stands outside and smokes? No, no. It couldn't be. Vincent never smells like smoke.
     You go to bed after that. You think about your great day with Vincent, but you can't get the hooded man out of your mind. If it wasn't Vincent... Then who was it? You go to sleep with this in your mind.
     You wake up in a building you don't recognize. It's old, the ceiling is falling in, and it's definitely abandoned. It looks almost like an old hospital. A very old hospital.
     You look around and see the hooded man. You try to move away from him, but you can't. He slowly walks up to you. He has his hands in his pockets, and you can see black hair poking out from the sides of the hoody. He gets on his knees in front of you and looks up. He's got beautiful, but terrifying blue eyes, and a Cheshire Cat's grin. I can't make out any other features on his face before he puts his head back down, gets out a knife and walks to another corner of the room where Jackson is sitting. The hooded man takes out a knife from his pocket and swings it down on Jackson.
     You sit up and open your eyes as you breath hard. You look around and see that you are, in fact, still in your room. You lie back down, and try to calm your pounding heart. After awhile you calm down. It was just a dumb dream.
     You look out the window, and you almost scream when you see him. The hooded man. He's not doing anything creepy though... Just smoking. You fall asleep watching the man smoke.
     You wake up in the morning, once again, to your alarm clock. You get up groggily and you can only faintly remember your dream from before. You stretch, get up, and get ready for school. You go to the living room where your mom is sitting.
     "Morning mom."
     "Good morning (y/n)"
     "I'm going to go on the school okay?"
     "Okay, sweetie. Be careful."
     "I will!"
     I walk out the door and I am expecting Vincent to be there waiting for me, but he isn't. I begin walking on my own when Vincent runs out of the same house the hooded man went in...
     "Vincent! I didn't know you lived next door! Why didn't you tell me?" You asked.
     "I don't know... I knew you'd figure it out eventually. I guess I didn't see any reason to."
     "I see." You reply.
     When you start walking close to Vincent on the street, to your horror, you notice something else. For the first time, you smell an all too familiar smell... Cigarette smoke. You don't say anything, but you realize that Vincent has to be the man that is always outside your window.
     You walk the rest of the way to school in complete and utter silence. This doesn't change at school either. You only talk to Jackson and (f/n). You didn't want to accuse him of anything, but who else could the hooded man could have been? Maybe Vincent's father?
     Before you know it the school day is over, and you walk home alone. The odd thing is... You don't feel alone. Is... Someone watching you? You turn around, but nobody is there. It has to just be your imagination.
     When you get home the feeling goes away, and you are relieved. You and your mom start to make an Apple pie with each other and she starts to ask you questions.
     "So, how was school today?"
     "It was okay... I didn't talk much to Vincent."
     "Why not?"
     "I don't know." You didn't feel like you should tell your mom about the hooded man that is always outside your window. You just got an odd feeling that you shouldn't tell her. So you don't.
     "Well, how are your other friends?"
     "They are pretty good. (F/n) just got a puppy so when she isn't at school she has to puppysit all the time. That's fun."
     "Puppies are a lot of work though."
     "Yeah, she loves him though. She names him Sycamore."
     "Cute name. Makes the puppy sound smart." Your mom says.
     "Haha I guess so." You smile, so your mom does too.
     The finish making the pie and then you spend the rest of the night doing homework, and playing video games. You go to bed that night and fall asleep instantly.