Chapter 4: The Park

A few days pass, and Vincent becomes increasingly distant from you. You wonder why he is acting the way he is. It's the weekend, and you consider asking Vincent to do something together so you could ask him about it. You decide you will.
"Hey, Vincent?" You text him.
"Yes?"
"You want to go to the park or something today with me?"
"Sure. When do you want me to come by?"
"Maybe in an hour?"
"Sure. Can't wait."
"Awesome! See you then!"
You realize that this is almost like a date... Do you like Vincent that way though? You don't know... You've only known him for a week.
You get around and wait until an hour passes, and there's a knock on the door. Right on time. You tell your mom goodbye and leave to go to the park with Vincent.
     You meet Vincent outside and wave to him with a huge smile. He waves back, and smiles himself. You both begin walking towards the park, but only now do  you realize that it's getting cloudy outside. You hope it doesn't rain. That could ruin everything.
     When you and Vincent make it to the park you sit on a wooden bench that lies beneath a tree. In front of you there is a stone water fountain, and it's really pretty. Silence consumes you and Vincent for awhile, before you finally ask him what you came to ask him.
     "Vincent?"
     "Yeah?"
     "Do you not like Jackson and (f/n)?"
     He sighs.
    "I don't hate them. I don't love them."
     "It just seems like... Somethings been bothering you ever since they started hanging out with us."
    He looks away.
     "Must just be your imagination."
     You don't think Vincent is telling the truth. He probably feels like you are leaving him out... You don't want him to feel that way.
     You grab his sleeve and pull on it, making him look at you.
     "I'm sorry if I've been leaving you out... Of... Well, most conversations and such..."
     "Its fine. I'm used to it."
     "Vincent..."
      "Don't worry about me."
     Vincent says smiling at you.
     "Well, I do worry about you. You're my best friend."
      "I'm your best friend?"
      "Of course you are!"
      Vincent smiles again.
      "Awesome..." He says.
     You laugh at him a little.
    "What?"
     "Oh nothing." You reply. You have to admit, Vincent is pretty good looking. You dont know why everyone at school thinks he's weird. They avoid him even. You'd think most girls would fall all over him.
     "What are you staring at?" Vincent asks. You realize you are staring.
     "O-oh. Sorry!" You say embarrassed.
     Vincent laughs.
    "You're blushing."
     "I am not!" You yell back at him as you shove him lightly and playfully.
     That's when a voice says something behind you.
     "Huh... Rica was right about you two idiots."
     You turn to look at who talked and you see the guy that helped beat you up. The guy that held your mouth shut. The guy who Vincent punched. Oh no. You unconsciously grab Vincent's arm and scoot towards him.
     "Awww look at them... Cowering together." He says as he approaches both of you. You look back at Vincent and he doesn't look the least bit intimidated, but he puts his hand on yours, which is still holding his arm.
     "Love birds for sure. Now... Rica beat you up because you were getting too close to her crush from the beginning, but then she got mad at her crush and figured a good punishment would be to beat up the girl. Hey, Vincent. Guess what? You were the crush! Not like you would care." The bully said.
     "Well, she was a jerk to me. I never would have liked her back."
     "That's right pretty boy. And that's because you have (y/n) over here. Right?"
     "We aren't together..." Vincent says.
     "You will be. I garuntee it." The bully said.
     "A girl like (y/n) doesn't want someone like me." Vincent says.
     "Hahaha. Vincent. If she didn't like you, she wouldn't have grabbed your arm. And she definitely still wouldn't be hanging on to it like-" Vincent cuts him off.
     "I-I'll show you... What h-happens when you mess with m-me." Vincent says as he stands up.
     You are surprised at Vincent's sudden outburst.
     "Aww. The idiot is stuttering."
     "T-that's what h-happens when I get r-really angry." Vincent says angrily.
     "I'm not afraid of you." The bully says.
     "You should be." Vincent says as he punches the bully. The bully charges back, but Vincent dodges the blow and punches the guy again. This knocks the bully down, and his nose begins to bleed. The bully gets up and runs while yelling, "this isn't over!"
     "Vincent are you okay?!" You ask as you get up and hang on to his arm again.
     "Y-yes. I'm f-fine."
     "Calm down..." You say in a soothing voice trying to get him to relax. It begins to rain, just as you expected.
     "(Y/n)"
     "Yes?"
     "... Nothing."
     You wonder what Vincent was going to say, but you don't pry.
     By now, you and Vincent are both soaking wet. You look up at Vincent.
     "You want to come over to my place for awhile?"
    "S-sure..."
     "Okay. I don't want you to catch a cold out here in the freezing rain."
     "Don't worry about me."
    You are beginning to think that is Vincent's catch phrase. Don't worry about me.
     You guys both run back to your house in the rain, and about half way back, you both begin to die laughing. You burst in your house door and drip pools of water on the floor as Vincent shuts the door behind the two of you.
     Your mom walks in the living room, with a look of surprise and confusion on her face. You continue to laugh with Vincent, and your mom gets you two some towels. You look into Vincent's blue eyes, and you wonder to yourself if you are actually starting to like him.

_______________________________________
(A/N) Hi again everyone! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! If you have any questions on abbreviations just comment and ask. Thanks for reading!