3

Balck wolf POV:
She went so still beside me.
So quiet.
So still.
I nuzzle her as gently as I can. A small lick to her face.
So still.
"Come on" I whisper.
So quiet
The huge machine lands a few feet away, the hatch lowering to reveal a dull ginger haired woman, strapped to her thighs were pistols, as she walks confidently towards us. A man with a bow on his back appeared behind her, a more tentative approach to his female friend.
"It's okay. They're going to help you" the younger lady said beside me. She seemed different to those who'd tortured us our whole lives.
But the guns.
The bow.
The arrows.
Hackles raised I stepped over her still body. They weren't going to touch her.
Over my own dead body.

"Take off you're weapons" the girl command beside me. The other two stopped and seemed to think about it before removing their weapons and dumping them on the ground.
"If we die I'll kill you Wanda" the woman grits out with a Russian accent. I bark in warning.
"Be nice fore once Natasha. It won't kill you" Wanda chuckles. Easing my growls at her attempted humour.

The man reaches us first. Dropping to balance on the tips of his toes and elbows resting on his bent knees. Gently he reaches out, first showing me his open palms to reveal no weapons and then the back of his hand to my groveling snout so I could get a good sniff. Fine. He lets out a small breath.
I glance at Natasha. She stands back and lets the other two slowly check over my darling as I let them get closer to her.
"She doesn't have much time left" the man seems to whisper as he looks at the bullet whole in her front right shoulder that is pouring and slowly clotting with blood. I hadn't even noticed she'd been hit.
She's all I have.
She can't leave me.

"Hold on baby" I whine, snuggling my head into her neck. I feel her take a ragged breath.

"We need to move her. At least make her more comfortable" he says regretfully and I can tell by his tone that he cares. Nothing like those we've just escaped, with the help of Wanda too.
Slowly I step back, however much it pains me and lay down. My head on my front paws in a submissive stance allowing them to tend to her.
Gentle.
It surprises me that they don't haul her around but instead ever so carefully the man lifts her into his arms, Natasha rushing forward to help hold her head up in support. I watch as they take her aboard before casting my eyes to Wanda and standing. Waiting for the blow...Waiting for the fist or foot to come crashing down on me and deliver the usual punishment.

Instead she walks over to me and gently brushes the top of my head with her fingers. I still flinch due to not used to contact being soft.
"Come on. You too" she whispers and I can't help but the surprise I feel. I felt sure they would made me stay behind and so without another word I bound onto the huge metal machine and curl up beside my darling as she's already been placed down on the floor. But on something soft. A few blankets. I rest my head against her, not on her as her shallow breaths tell me she is having trouble breathing. I lick the underside of her chin. First time I have ever touched her like this. Surreal.

The machine makes some load noises and I have to restrain myself growls and retaliation. This is for the best. For her.
Wanda sits beside us. Her hand gently, softly, raking through my tattered fur. I growled in approval and she just chuckles. A foreign sound.
Sleep seems to call and I cant help but for once to gladly give into its calling whilst moving my back leg closer to Wanda she can can give it a better tickle.

Before I know it the hatch opens and many male silhouette's appear. I jump from my first comfortable position in many a year and ferociously growl. They've found us!

The men stop!

Wanda places her hand on my back and I resist the urge to bite her.
"They're with me" she coos and I slowly lean my side into her, my bones rubbing up against her through my thin skin and fur.
"It's okay" she calls and hesitantly and few men appear, cautiously approach and then pick up my darling, placing her on a trolley and move her off the giant machine into some long, bright corridors. The opposite to where we were before.

The man from the machine, who I leant was Clint, stayed with my darling as they rushed into a room with her and slammed the door in my face when I tried to follow. Lunging at the metal door I claw and scratch at it. How dare they!

"Hey" Wanda chirps carefully and my hateful gaze is thrust upon her. She is holding a door open with one hand and is trying not to flinch from my heated gaze as I stalk towards her.
"This rooms right beside her. When she's better we'll let you see her" I still approach my prey, my claws slowly scratching and screeching against the floor, "I'll stay with you" she says and enters the room for me to follow.

Cautiously I do.