9

Two long months have past and I still don't venture out past Wanda's room. I do however, alternate between the closet and the far corner under her bed where it's quite dark and Knight can fit under there with me too. Sometimes I sleep on top of the bed during the night like I used to do with Wanda and Knight when I get a bit lonely.

Knight doesn't let any male into the room apart from Clint every now and then, only the girls. He hardly ever leaves my side but does go to see the others for a while but he finds it uncomfortable without me or if someone raises their voice too loud, makes a big noise or raises their hand too quickly he flinches and leaves as quickly as he can.

At first they fussed over us too much causing us to snap at them, meaning the Director threatened to put us down if they didn't do something and so they keep their distance. They still approach me everyday with fresh food and water, clean blankets and a scratch on the head if they can reach. I've made my own little nest of blankets in both my hiding spots and Wanda even cleared a bit more space in her closet for me to snuggle in.

Tony just calls me lazy.
Everyone else... scared.
I have other reasonings for my hiding.

I slowly stretch my legs out in front of me as I lay on my side under Wanda's bed. The sun casting a dull blaze into the room as it sets once again.  I can hear Knight is trying to bribe more food off someone so is currently in the kitchen and so when the bedroom door opens quietly I tense. 
Tony's attempted light footsteps cross the floor to Wanda's closet- currently she's out on a two week mission with Clint- and then he walks straight back out giving a quiet, "good girl" as he leaves, keeping a close eye on the darkness under the bed where I lay.

Ignoring his strange behaviour I try to curl up back to sleep but am rudely disturbed by Knight as he trots into the room happily and wriggles under the bed to join me, a bacon sandwich hanging from his mouth that he places in front of me proudly.
"Damn that wolf!" I hear Tony curse quietly from the kitchen followed by a few chuckles, "I'm going to starve to death. Quickly Nat! Feed me!" He demands
"Move your fat arse and do it yourself" she grumbles

Smiling to each other we each gobble down half the sandwich, tails wagging at the taste. We both cuddle up and lay with his neck and head resting over mine and watch as the light slowly fades from the room as night falls and listen to everyone chatting until they bid each other, and us, goodnight.

Neither of us could fall asleep for some reason.

Growing uncomfortable I slide out from under Knight's delicate touch and the bed and try to push open Wanda's closet but its stuck shut. Whining I get Knight's attention and he comes over to try. Still it doesn't move. Looking up at the handles we see the Tony has tied them together to prevent me from going in the closet. Growling in ever growing frustration I wander slowly over to the main door and peer cautiously out.

"It's okay" Knight whispers as he appears beside me, his body flush against mine. Then, very timidly, I step from Wanda's room. I feel vulnerable out in the open once again but it also feels good to stretch my legs. Quietly we wonder down the corridors hidden in the darkness of the night as everyone sleeps or stays behind closed doors.

Eventually I find the room I'm looking for and give it a quick check to make sure everything is set as I rearrange the comforters and warm blankets Knight has been collecting there over the past few months before I settle down with him protecting me as I go into labour once again in my life.