8

"oh Luna" she cries as she sees me huddled as far into the corner as possible. Even from where I lay she can't see everything. I begin whining uncontrollably, crying at the relief of seeing her and the pain flooding through me. She doesn't try to touch me but uses her red magic to gently remove the muzzle from where she is, still I'm the doorway of the cupboard.

I cry loudly at the agony of the spikes sliding out if my raw and tender skin before panting at the ability to breathe a bit more comfortably, whines still leaving me at every ragged, greedy, breath. Knight pushes Wanda out of the way and squeezes in the best he can, only his front half fitting, as he licks my wounds and the blood from my face, "I'm sorry darling" he cries with me, "I'm so sorry" he licks me desperately as I lick him back to clean him too in hope to heal his small scratches that litter his shoulders and face.

The door opens suddenly on the other side of the room and I panic, screaming in fear whilst struggling to push myself further into the corner Knight whips his head around and growls at the intruder, "it's Nat" Wanda coos as she rubs his back from her seated position and Natasha slowly approaches and sits beside Wanda and she too strokes Knight as he blocks their view of me as I still continue to whine like a frightened child. He goes back to running his neck along mine and licking me when he see's Nat isn't going to do anything.

"Look at what they put on her!" Wanda cries as she shows Nat the muzzle that's still dripping with my fresh blood through her fingers.
"That's not all they did" Natasha whispers, hanging her head at us, "you might not want to watch the footage Tony found but I'm not surprised they're scared" she takes a steady breath, "if I was him I would have ripped Steve and Tony apart on sight. I'm surprised he let Coulson leave too, and that he let us out of the elevator" Wanda begins sobbing and throws herself at Nat who gives her an awkward hug back, "I don't think she's going to come out in a while Wanda. Just be happy she's alive" Nat says.

Pulling away from each other Wanda turns to us, wiping the tears with the back of her hand, "I'm going to help her" she says whilst nudging Knight out of the way and getting a weird look from Nat.
She doesn't come all the way in but enough to see me, "I'm going to try and heal you" she says and instantly Nat is voicing her dislike to the idea.

I lower my head onto my front paws tiredly and she gives the top of my head a quick scratch before she makes her hands glow red and allow the smoke like light to float over my fur. Itching at first I shuffle uncomfortably before I feel a little better and she has to stop due to becoming exhausted. The deep wounds are now scabs on my skin and fur.
Liking her face in gratitude, my tail wagging very slightly, she chuckles tiredly before petting me and then pushing herself out of the tight space.
"I've been trying to heal injured people or animals for a few months. I'm not there yet but I'm working on it" she pants to an amazed Natasha who just swears in Russian and helps Wanda to her feet.

Knight was slowly becoming uncomfortable with them so close to me and he nudges their legs to get out. Smiling slightly they leave us and shut the door.
"You okay darling?" He tiredly asks me.
"Good" I whisper before I fall asleep in a ball on the floor still tucked away in the closet.