12

Luna's Pov:
My sleep was fitful that afternoon. Always cautious of the many people who tried to get glances at my new family, small growls escaping my peeled back about every time someone got too close- Knight would growl in his sleep at my own growls subconsciously, his body blocking their views of our beloved pups so they couldn't see much.
Eventually Wanda got them to back away and leave us be so I could clean my babies and take care of them as I should be. My babies.
"Our babies" Knight grumbled from his position, licking his lips as he opened a tired eye slowly, "you need to sleep too Darling. There's a long day ahead tomorrow"
And he was right!

From early doors the kids where up and wanting to cuddle and play with our puppies, and that woke up the rest of the household that weren't already up training or something like that, each one of them peeking in to try and get a sly glimpse but all failing. Clint had to drag his kids out of the room in attempt to get them out the tower and wonder the streets for shopping for something called about a 'mother's birthday present', but that was the last thing on their minds.

"Please daddy" they whined, "we'll be super good" but he just chuckled as he threw a child over each shoulder and took them out of the room, both grabbing onto the doorframe to stop him but tickling rendered their attempts useless.

Slowly standing and stretching with a small growl Knight checked on our sleeping puppies, snuggled up tightly in my tummy fur.
Giving us all a lick as he grinned and trotted off after the still screaming kids, leaving me alone with my tiny children who were slowly awakening and now suckling sleepily as I cleaned and checked over each one of my miracles. All good and healthy.

My ears perk up when I hear the light footfalls that can only belong to one female- steps not as swift as Natasha's- Wanda. Wagging my tail at her, the whacking sound echoing through the room as my tail hits the floor enthusiastically, I'd missed my cuddles from her, she timidly sits beside me and strokes my head; not touching the puppies who wriggle around me seeking out the new smell bombarding their senses.

She sighs whilst staring down at me looking lost, "this time of year just reminds me of everything I've lost" she looks like she's about to cry so I nuzzle my head further into her hand and move ever so slightly closer to her so I'm able to rest my head in her lap as she continues to stoke me gently, both hands massaging an ear each now,
"He would have loved you" her voice quivering as she spoke and her hands trembled more as she worked on my ears, "he adored animals. Always wanting a pet. Especially a dog. A Great Dane kind of guy..." She went quiet for a while and then started crying. Lifting my head I nuzzle her neck affectionately and whine quietly with her as she cries, giving a big wet kiss every now and then. Her pain is my pain. I view her as my own pup; my own baby. She's strong in so many ways that I can't comprehend and seeing her so upset is devastating! No one deserves such pain, especially my Wanda!

My Wanda.

My baby.

My pup.

After a long time of us cuddling and bringing each other comfort, Bruce peeps his head around the bedroom door and gives her a sympathetic smile as he sees her drying tears, "Would you like any lunch?" he asks kindly as he takes a hesitant step inside, my head snapping up off Wanda's lap to stare at him and letting him know he need's to keep his distance. A small protective growl slipping from my snout.

"It's okay, I'm coming" She says, her voice scratchy from all the sobbing. Giving me a last good tickle on the top of my head she slowly gets up, making sure not to jostle me too much so that my pups are still cozily tucked away in my fur. As she walks her shoulders seem to droop until Bruce puts a comforting arm around her shoulder, giving a small squeeze, and guides her out of the dimly lit room.

A short while later I hear a cry of surprise from most of the people in the main living space before the thundering of huge paws as Knight crashes into the room and deposits two bacon sandwiches at my front paws, nudging them towards me as he invites me to eat. Smiling at him and giving his snout an affectionate kiss I eat one of the sandwiches that wasn't coated in too much strong sauce thankfully and nudged the second towards my mate. He needed to eat too. Whining at him as he stares at me he gently takes it in his jaws and scoffs it down in one gulp.

Licking each other and rubbing our scents across each others necks I slowly get to my paws and give a good stretch, a small growl escaping and the creek in my back is removed. Shaking out my fur I slowly step over our sleeping pups and allow Knight to settle around them in my place, affectionately licking all of them as he pulls them closer to his warmth. With a satisfied huff and another rub against his neck followed by a sloppy kiss I trot out of the room.

Walking along the corridors was strange. After being hidden away for so long I felt vulnerable! I hated leaving my pups in our den but our other pup needed comfort whether she knows it or not- as well as Knight wanting to have a bit of his own well deserved family time.
Gingerly I followed the strong scents of my friends as the smell of freshly cooked bacon floated heavily in the air too, enticing me closer. Shaking my head I slowly creep into the room and dive behind the sofa where my pup was snuggled up with blankets around her and the tv blasting nonsense loudly. Instead of watching it she was staring at the shiny floor in a daze. Huffing lightly I squeeze out and snuffle my snout under her limp palm in her lap where her knees were folded up to her chest, a gasp of surprise escaping her lips as she glanced wide eyed at me then to the slightly ajar door that leads to the divine smelling kitchen where voices of the others drift through. Smiling softly when I whine and push her hand further onto my head before I give up and jump onto the sofa with her, laying on the blankets over her now lowered legs where there is loads of black fur caught on the blankets where Knight must have previously been and snuggle into her; my head on her chest as she wraps her arms around me and snuggles into the crook of my neck as her shoulders begin to shake again uncontrollably.

As she cries I whine with her, every now and then rubbing my cheek against hers and licking her to wipe away the tears until she buries her head in my neck again and squeezes me for dear life.

"Wanda turn that stupid tv down-" Tony's rant is interrupted by a glass smashing as it hits the solid floor beside the kitchen door, his eyes widening at mine that glare daggers into his as I growl at him for disturbing us, Wanda just looks over my shoulder at him, chuckling as the others run to the door to gape at me. Tony is still stood there with his hand in mid air, his whiskey glass once was and now at his feet; the expensive liquor as well as shattered glass; I give a smirk at his antics.

"What-"he stammers, "well-" he blinks, "I need a drink" he mumbles as he backs away slowly. With everyone staring at me I turn my head back around and rest it once again on Wanda's chest as she lightly swirls her fingers in my fur; a growl of approval slipping from my lips.