13

After a few weeks of slowly exploring the tower I finally feel like I'm safe again meaning it was safe for my pups to explore too.

Lying in the den with the three growing pups suckling greedily from my belly I can't help but grin with pride. I'm glad Wanda saved us that day. All my life I believed there was only pain and darkness but she brought us into the light and she nurtured us as if we were delicate flowers that needed the up most care to survive. And she was our sunlight to guide us up towards the sky whilst giving us the energy to grow.

My babies eyes had opened and so had their ears meaning they were now growing ever restless to escape into the world beyond the den. The safe den.
The boys had begun playfighting around the room just beyond the den and all three of them loved to explore and hide in the childrens bed amongust all he covers. My family were growing up too quickly.

As the three bundles of joy bounced over to me, the black male- Charlie- stumbled as he tried to stop and went rolling into his sister- Holly- who gave a suprised cry as they beame a ball of fur on the floor. Chuckling at them Knight wanders over to see if everything was okay- Pietro, the white furry pup- dashed over behind his father from his previous position against my stomach where he had been sleeping. All three of the little rescales attacked their father at the same time, working as a team to grab his tail and ears as they attempted to take there father down. Faking defeat he flops to the floor and allows them to climp atop of him the best they can, digging their claws ito his fur for some hold on his mountain form.

Not wanting to miss out on the fun I pull myself to my feet and trot over to them before lowering my head and and dropping down on my front paws with my tail wagging high in the air. Holly was the first to release her fathers ear and dash over to me with her sloppy run and crash into my face as she tried to stop in front of me. Growling playfully I try to catch her tail that is wagging as fast as lightning. Pietro, jealous if his sisters attention, abandons the grip he had on his fathers tail and tries to bite my ankles. Little tinker.

Giving a load bark of laughter, Knight rolls  onto his front from his previous position on his back and almost squishes Charlie. His fur almost blending into his fathers midnight black coat apart from his white socks on his paws. The cutie.

Our antics are interrupted by Steve opening the door and lowering himself down onto the ground for the puppies to run over to him and begin their attack of nips and licks. They adored  him. Knight comes over to me and rubs his head against mine before he settles down beside me so we can clean each others fur.

A sigh of upmost content escapes my lips as Knight cuddles closer to me, his form much larger than mine but it always comforting. Gazing over to my family I can't help but yip happily at my family playing with another protector of theirs. My babies climbing all over Steve; Holly pulling at his shirt with as much force as she can, purposefully trying to rip it, and my boys, Charlie and Pietro, trying to bite his fingers. The avengers will protect my family if I can't. I trust them with my life. Hopefully they will let me protect them as I do my own children one day.

But the future is tomorrow.
And today is a truly wonderful day.