10

Knight's POV:

The following morning was chaos.

All the Avengers that we're currently staying at the tower were rushing around frantically trying to find her...them.

It had been funny to watch Tony almost poop himself as Natasha threatened and shouted at him this morning for his closet trick. They believe my Darling has disappeared because of that and for as long as possible it will stay that way.

As they ran about and argued I just lay casually on one of the couches and every now and then my tail wagged in my own amusement knowing my family, my pack, is safe from them. They'd called Wanda and Barton, who'd managed to get off their mission early and would arrive within the next hour in hopes of trying to find her.

Steve, Bruce, Nat and Tony all dived into every cupboard and looked behind every bit of furniture as well as under it. Thor still away at Asgard. The clever computer at Tony's hands wouldn't help and the video footage for some strange reason wasn't clear enough in the dark for them to see where my Darling disappears to in the middle of the night.

When Wanda and Clint arrived they join the search before Wanda eventually calls it quits, "she's safe and here somewhere or else Knight wouldn't be as calm as he is" she explains as she gives me a good scratch behind the ears making my tail thump loadly on the shiny floor.
"He showed you where she is didn't he" was all Steve muttered as he wandered to the kitchen to check on the chicken he was cooking for dinner, ignoring the beaming smile on Wanda's face as she nods, giving me a good tickle under the chin now.
"That's because he's hidden his girl away and isn't sharing" Stark grumbles from his position on the other couch, "ungrateful d*ck"

I growl at him to which he holds his hands up in surrender, I chuckle smugly.
"Look! It's eyeing me up for lunch!" he cries as I slyly glare at him from my cuddle from Wanda. I lick my snout and show him my razor sharp teeth as I purposefully yawn at him, his face seems to go pale remembering how I attacked Steve and himself few months ago.

Wagging my tail I push up from where Wanda has me on the couch and walk over to the kitchen, passing close to a tense Tony and whacking him harshly with my tail and make it to the kitchen just a Steve turns his back from the cut up chicken on the bench. Striking quickly, I jump up and grab half of the chicken and leg it out of the room before he turns around and gives a cry of annoyance and surprise.

Chuckling to myself I trot along the corridors towards Barton's room and enter the door to the right of it- his kids room. In there the kids had made a huge den in the far corner of their huge closet that they play in rather than keep their clothes in last time they where here. Tucked away in the corner of the folds of the hanging blankets and sheets was my Darling and our three pups. Nestled in their mothers tummy fur as she slept around them; she opens one lazy eye to peer at me as I return and give my small family a lick each. All four of them murmuring at my affection.
Two boys; one black, one white, each with the opposite colour fur on their paws as if they had wandered through paint. One girl; a tiny little thing that had a white star on her head amongst her black fur body and white belly. Perfect.

Sitting down I nudge the now cooled chicken to my Darling and slowly she pulls herself up onto her front elbows as she lays and begins eating the delicious food. As she's eating the white male puppy begins crying and looking for his own food. Gently I nudge him closer to his mother where he suckles greedily and happily. A wolfish grin spreads across my face at my beautiful family and I'm thankful that everything is better than what it was last time... last time...

I'm interrupted from my thoughts as the other two puppies begin crying quietly and happily I help them to suckle earning a small chuckle from my Darling, "someone's happy" I lick at her face affectionately, "you always make me happy" I whisper before she settles down for another nap, still recovering from this morning.

Quietly I get up from my comfortable position and leave the warm closet to check that the main door and adjoining door to Clint's room are shut and so is the closet door when I re enter before settling down myself beside my wonderful family, my back to the doors and give everyone a lick goodnight.