Chapter Eight

Not All Things Are Cute

~

Bulkhead and Bumblebee went out on a mission not too long ago. In the Arctic! I wish I could have gone, but dad said no. I decided to watch my guardian, Ratchet, instead. He was monitoring the planet for any Decepticon signals. I sighed.

I'm nowhere near as smart as these guys. I'm just one of those average kids. Nothing special.

"Something wrong, Anna?", Dad asked.

"No. I just don't know what to do.", I lie.

"Hm. Hey! Arcee.", Arcee walked over to us, "Give us a lift to my old house?"

"Sure. Any special reason?", Arcee asked.

"No."

We got on, with me in the front, and drove off. Dad had a grip on the handle bars and was 'driving' I just held onto the handle bars so I wouldn't fall off. We drove into Jasper and to an old house. Arcee stopped. A small blue car was in the driveway.

"Where are we?", I asked.

"This is where I grew up.", Dad answered.

I looked at the paint. Whoever lived here now, re-painted the house. It used to be a cream color. I smiled.

"I wonder who lives here now.", I said with a smile.

"Let's go see. Maybe I can give you a tour of the house.", Dad smiled.

We walked up to the front door and dad knocked. A man in his forties opened the door. He smiled when he saw dad and his eyes went to me. His smile grew. Dad glared at the man and pushed me behind him. I looked back at Arcee. Why was he acting like this? Who was this man?

"You've grown. Never thought I'd see you again. How have you been?", the man asked.

"I've been better. I was perfectly fine until you opened the door.", dad snapped.

"What's wrong with me?", the man asked, now frowning.

"Everything.", dad growled, he turned to me and knelt down, "Kiddo, I want you to go get on the motorcycle, okay?"

"Okay. What about the tour?", I asked.

"Sorry, kiddo. You're not going to get one.", dad said, I nodded.

"What do you mean? Of course she can get a tour. Such a cutie.", the man smiled again.

"You..... STAY AWAY FROM HER!", dad yelled at him, "If I catch you within 5 feet from her or even LOOKING at her, I'm calling the police."

Dad let go of me and I ran to Arcee. This man was scary. I climbed on with the help of Arcee's holoform. The man looked at Arcee. She glared at him and stood in front of me. Seriously, what's wrong with this guy? I mean, yes, he's creepy but why are they so mean to him?

Dad turned around after threatening him once more and walked towards Arcee and I. Arcee got on her alt mode and lifted me onto her lap. Dad got on in front of us and we drove off.

"Dad, who was that?", I asked.

"A very bad man. Listen, I want you to stay away from him. Okay?", dad answered without taking his eyes off the road.

"Ok.", I said and leaned into Arcee's holoform.

She smiled and hugged me.

We soon arrived back at base.

"Arcee, we need to leave.", Optimus said.

"Alright.", Arcee nodded.

Before we left, Optimus had told her that they were going on an exploration duty type thing.