Chapter Fourteen

Thank you for all the comments. They motivate me to keep chapters coming.

~~~~

Second Meeting Part Two

~~~~

We had gathered all the Energon and had it transferred to base. Now came the hard part. Bringing Soundwave in as a new Autobot and getting the others to accept him. 

"Okay, sire. Let's go.", I smile, "None of the bots know you are coming, so this will be a surprise for all of them."

"Are you sure not telling them is a good idea?", sire asked, sounding a little nervous.

"Nope. That's the fun part.", I frown after not noticing LazerBeak, "Sire? Where's LazerBeak?"

"He decided to stay on the warship. He's a Decepticon now.", Sire explained, I nodded.

The ground bridge opened and we both went through. When we emerged from the other side, all eyes were on us......minus Ratchet and of course Optimus.

"It's about time you return. Now, you are to not go out of this base without permission. Optimus is still out. Therefore, I am leading the team until he awakes.", Ratchet said, not looking away from the monitors.

"Ratchet, I know your concern but the team decided that I was going to be the leader while Optimus is out. They all apparently voted on it while you were out. I have been an acting Prime for a few days now, leading the team into many battles using the battle strategies Optimus showed me. I am perfectly capable of leading this team.", I said, not being able to be mad at him.

"Under what circumstances?", Ratchet asked and looked up, his eyes widen from being so close to sire's face, "Yah!"

He fell backwards, landing on his back. Jack, Miko, and Raf chuckled quietly.

"The fact that I notice a new bot and it takes you a few minutes to. I see and hear everything.", I smirked as he glared at me.

Something was hidden in that glare of his though. Deep inside was fear. Fear for the one he loved. Fear for me. He still thinks I'm dead. I frown and look up towards sire who nods and walks down one of the many hallways leading to the training room and berthrooms. The others follow.

"Why is he here?", Ratchet asked, glaring in the direction of my sire.

"He wants to be an Autobot. Follow his daughter's example.", I explain, "Tell me more about your assistant back on Cybertron."

"There's not much left to tell. In case you forgot, I only knew her three days.", Ratchet pointed out.

"Right. Sorry. What I meant was what did she look like? In your eyes-optics.", I smile and climb on him.

"She looked a lot like her sire for one. Everything about her was beautiful.", Ratchet smiled and looked like he was day dreaming.

"Ratchet? Hello?", I waved my hand in front of his optics then pull my hand away smiling softly, "Guess what? She loves ya too."

I kiss him and walk off, letting him daydream about my curves and what not. His smile turns into a goofy grin and his optics flash purple. I walk back over to him and transform into my taller self. I pull Ratchet to his room and lift him onto his bed.

"He's.....heavy.", I sigh and collapse on the floor.

"Really? I could have helped.", sire said, walking in with one half empty Energon cube and a second cube.

"I know.", I smile and accept the cube from him.

"You like him.", I look up at sire, "I saw you two talking and the aftermath. I knew you would like him. He is one of those mechs few can reach. He's like Ultra Magnus in a way."

"I'm going to head to the training room. Wanna come?", I asked, he nodded and we headed to the training room.

I took another sip of my Energon and stopped walking when we passed the med bay. I walked inside and seen Optimus was still asleep. I sighed and tried to recall what Ratchet had said back on Cybertron.

Flashback 

"Okay, now this next patient were going to check up on has been out for quite a while.", Ratchet started.

"Ooh! I wonder why! A blast to the helm? A blast close to he spark chamber? Ooh! Ooh! Maybe it's because of a virus that-", I started.

"None of that happened to him!", Ratchet yelled, I giggled, "He- actually that last one was right. He was infected with a virus that caused his processor to shut down. We're going to check up on him and give his family an approximate time frame."

I nod and follow him into a room labeled 'Room 843'. The first number represented the floor, the second number represented the row, and the third number represented the room number. This building was huge so it was crucial to know what each number meant or you might as well get lost.

We walked in and he brought out a few tools.

"Now, we need to a few things. Here. I've made up a list for you to study. The list underneath of that one is what you are supposed to do if the patient is awake.", Ratchet explained and his com unit beeped, "Alright, I'll be right down."

"Where are we going?", I asked.

"You are staying here and taking care of that patient. I need to go downstairs and prep for emergency surgery.", Ratchet stated.

"But-", I started, feeling hesitant on doing something on my own.

"You'll do fine. Just follow the steps on the data pad. I've given you all my access codes so you are able to get into my files if you need to. Now go!", he ordered and took the elevator to the first floor.

I took a deep breath, "Okay, JetBlaze. You got this. Just follow the instructions by the letter."

I turned on Ratchet's medical data pad (that he gave me a while ago since he had two) and opened the document that had the steps.

"Okay, step 1-"

Flashback Ends

"Step 1: Check the vitals - it's really important because if your patient is dead, there's no way to fix or cure them.", I said to myself and checked Optimus' vitals, "They're good. Now, step 2: make sure the spark rate is above 160 but below 250. Check. Step 3: Brainwave activity, if the spark is beating and the vitals are good the patient should have brainwave activity if not then your patient is most likely dying. Spiking hard, good. I wonder what's going on inside of that processor of his. Anyway. Step 4 is uh what was step four?"

I start panicking. If I can't finish, I won't know how much longer he's going to be in this coma.

"Step four? Of what?", Ratchet asks, I look up and smile, feeling slightly better.

"My mom's friend always told me these steps to seeing how much longer someone was going to be in a coma. I can't remember the rest. It's been so long.", I frown, "I figured maybe I could use the same steps on Optimus."

"Well, I had a list that I gave everyone I trained. I gave only one of them passcodes. Anyway, step four would be to add Energon if needed. Without Energon, we can't survive. His Energon levels are low, he's going to need two medical grade cubes.", Ratchet said, I nod and grab two medical grade cubes and poured them into the IV, "Perfect. Step five is to get a complete scan of his nural net. Scanning his nural net alone will help us identify-whoa!"

Sparks flew everywhere and Optimus looked to be in great pain. His whole body structure looked tense.

"What's going on?!", I yell over the noise of the spark monitor.

"Something's wrong with his spark!", Ratchet yelled.

TO BE CONTINUED.....