Chapter 6

The next day after school i decided to try to see Ace. He wasn't in school which meant he probably dropped out. Once i was safely inside the cover of the forest I shifted into my wolf form, and headed towards the dark divine territory. I knew it was a very dangerous risk but i couldn't hold it in any longer i had to see him. Everyday i couldn't see him or be with him the ache inside me would only intensified. 

Once inside the dark divine territory i slowed my pace to a walk. I was careful to look out for other members of the pack. I stayed in my wolf form because i would have more senses to sense if anybody was coming. As i traveled through their territory i became so vigilant that i would jump at the slight rustles of leaves or a bird chirping high above. 

All of a sudden two wolfs shot out in front of me, blocking my path. I started to panic i didn't know what to do. I sank as low to the ground as i could trying to act like i was no threat to them. Both of the wolves were brown except one of them was a darker shade of brown. The light brown wolf growled at me threateningly. The other wolf, the dark brown one, shifted into his human form.  His head was completely shaved off, his eyes were a bland shade of green. 

"What are you doing on our territory?" He questioned analyzing my every move. I decided to play it safe and tell them the truth, well half of it anyway.

"I'm here to see Ace" I said to him quietly, after i had shifted back into my human form. I sat on my knees looking at the ground, which has become quite interesting. 

"Why do you need to see Ace?, your from the Blue moon pack." He said trying to pry me for information. So my packs name was the blue moon pack, that's pretty cliche if you ask me. 

"I need to speak to him about some stuff" I replied trying to keep my voice as calm and even as i could. I stole a glance up at him, his mouth was formed into a deep frown and his eyebrows were scrunched together in thought. 

"Whats your name?" he shot at me, causing me to look back down.

"Cassie, my name is Cassie" I replied back. 

"Very well Cassie come with us and i will take you to Ace" He said before shifting back into his wolf form. Lets hope this goes well i thought, shifting into my wolf form. 

~

 we arrived to a house that was big enough to hold about forty people. It was in the middle of the woods which i thought was pretty convenient. I shifted back into my wolf form, just as the other two wolves shifted back. 

"Wait here" The one who spoke to me before said. I nodded my head obediently as the other guy came to my side. It was like he was watching me ready to capture me if i decided to make a run for it. 

I waited for a few minutes before i saw Ace. My heart skipped a beat at the sight of him and started to beat faster. Once he stood in front of me he nodded to the guy on my left, and he left leaving me and Ace alone. 

"What are you doing here?" he asked me. 

"I came to see you" I answered him smiling up at him.  "I missed you so much" i quickly added for good measure. My smile soon turned into a frown when his faced didn't show the slightest hint of happiness. 

"I am now the Alpha of the dark divine pack" He said coldly at me. My heart sank deep into my belly.

"So?, were mates and i don't care about some stupid pack rivalry, as long as were together." I confessed to him.

"Well i do" he shot at me. He took a deep breath before continuing saying the words that every mate never wanted to hear. "I, Ace Knight, reject you Cassie Waters as my mate" He said finishing. 

It felt like i was pulled into the deep end of a pool. It was like somebody pulled something from me and i was left with a hole that couldn't be filled. My heart was shattered into a million pieces, but i still had hope that he would take those words back. 

"Take it back, you don't want to do this" I said to him my voice cracking from holding back the tears brimming my eyes.

"I am not going to take it back, i meant every word i said" He said with no emotion in his voice. I looked up at him he didn't have a single expression on his face.

"So that's it then, i guess i will be going" I said choking back a sob. I couldn't believe this is happening. I fell in love with him, i thought he loved me back but i guess i was wrong. That was my fetal flaw i guess falling in love and trusting people way to easily.  I turned to leave but his voice cut me off.

"Don't ever come back, and don't ever talk to me again" with that he turned his back to me and walked away.  That's when i let the tears spill from my eyes like a waterfall. So upset i shifted into my wolf form and ran far away from Ace and the dark divine pack territory. 

It seemed like i have been running for hours. The sun was setting making the horizon a beautiful orange. I knew i should be getting home but i didn't want to go home just yet, i needed time to think. So i went to the only place i knew of that nobody could disturb me, the meadow. 

In the meadow i laid on my back in human form. My arms were folded beneath my head for comfort. I don't need Ace to be happy in life, i could go out be who i want to be, maybe even go to college. I smiled at the thought of showing Ace that he couldn't get me down. With those thoughts in my head i got up with more confidence then ever and headed back home.