[Epilogue]

School is back in session the following week and everything is back to how it was. Well, for the most part. Lara still hasn't come around and Leon is learning to cope with it. With school almost finishing up for the year he has other things to worry about than when Lara will show back up in his life. The months have been flying by, January and February disappearing like that.

March is passing by in the same manner, though one day stands out to Leon like no other. March 21- Violetta's birthday. He's been planning something very special for ages now, giddy about the day's events. He's had to hastily shut books or folders with birthday plans whenever Violetta would enter the room. He figures it's obvious what he's up to since Violetta never bothers to ask, only has a knowing smile.

The day of, he wakes her up with breakfast in bed. Not really breakfast, more like lunch. He let her sleep in until midday. Violetta had laughed when she saw the tray of food. On said tray were two sandwiches, straight from their sandwich shop and still steaming. She plants a small kiss to his cheek and then took a bite, smiling at her favorite taste. They eat and talk, Leon repeatedly wishing her a happy birthday through the meal. Once done, Leon claims he has a very special surprise and orders Violetta be ready and downstairs in half an hour. He leaves the dorm with a fleeting kiss, meeting Andres and Federico in the lobby of the dorms.

"You excited?" Federico asks, slapping his hands together as he smiles at Leon.

"As much as I can be. I've literally been thinking about this since back in December."

"Which of course was too soon, but now an appropriate amount of time has passed and seeing as you still seem as ready as ever, I think you really are ready." Andres congratulates. Leon breathes as he gets to thinking about what the future holds and how the next hour will possibly change his life. Everything has been coming down to this one moment since they got back together in November. It's all he's been thinking about and he really hopes Violetta will appreciate the effort he's been putting into this for the past three months.

Violetta finally emerges from behind the dorm hall doors, smiling brightly at Leon- who stands alone as Federico and Andres left him with a pat on the back. They grin at each other, Leon feeling the nerves finally kick in. The big moment has come.

"So, where are we going?" Before Leon even has the chance to answer, she raises a hand. "Let me guess, another mystery."

"Correct." She rolls her eyes, dropping the keys in his hands, knowing full well Leon would have asked anyway. Leon starts the car once inside, telling Violetta to strap in as it will be a bit of a drive. Leon drives along the highway, the spring air reminding him of new beginnings. Today is like a new beginning for them he would say. After today, things will be different, in the best way possible. He hopes for the best in terms of Violetta's reaction.

The car gradually slows as they near a building seven stories high. The spring breeze hits them as they exit the car, Leon wrapping an arm around Violetta as they approach the entrance.

"Why are we here?" Leon walks them in, smiling at the landlord who told Leon to meet her there upon their arrival.

"You'll see."

"Mr. Vargas." The woman greets, hand meeting his in a firm shake. "So nice to finally meet you in person. Phone conversations are never the same as in person." Violetta quirks a brow and Leon simply grins hand coming down to intertwine with hers.

"Truest statement I've ever heard."

"Are you ready then?" Leon nods and she leads them away from the lobby and towards the elevator. They step inside, the landlord pressing the button for floor five. They patiently wait, Violetta shooting Leon glares to try and get his attention. Leon ignores it. The elevator dings and the landlord gestures to the room door at the end of the hall.

"And here is the apartment you wanted to see Mr. Vargas." She promptly unbolts the door, revealing the room to the couple." Large windows overlook the sea, Violetta dropping Leon's hand to admire the view from up close. "This apartment is leasing for $1,200 for two bedroom and two bath." She starts to pace the hall, Leon following her to view the rooms. There not as big as he imagined, but they'll do for the time being. The bathroom is as elegant as the picture, a waterfall showerhead in the center of the shower. Leon smiles as he takes it all in, imagining where furniture would go and such. "The lease would be for a year and we require a $500 deposit. "

Leon turns to Violetta to see how she's taking it all in and Leon can guess that she's finally figured it out. "You cannot be serious." Leon excuses him and Violetta as they move into the foyer, away from the landlord.

"Deathly serious. We've been living together for seven months, what's another year."

"That was in the dorms. This is like our own living space, something we can make our own. This is a big step. A commitment. Plus, we have to pay every month, how do you even plan on paying-" Leon cuts her ramblings off with a kiss, covering her mouth when they part.

"We'll be fine. I know this is big, but I've been thinking about this for three months and I really think we're ready. I don't want you to feel rushed. If this is not what you want now, we can always postpone. I just wanted the idea to be out there." He kisses her gently. "As for paying, my parents said they would pay the first three months and I've been considered for an internship for the summer. Money will be flowing in. Like I said, this is just something I want us to start thinking about." She nods and Leon let's her take her time to consider. He doesn't care how long he'll have to wait. If not now, then when she's ready. He's willing to wait for this. He wants to make this work for them.

"We'll go furniture shopping and paint the rooms whatever color I want?" Leon beams at his girlfriend, wrapping her up in a tight hug.

"Does that mean you want this? Now?"

"I do. I really do." Leon grabs her by the hand, running back into the kitchen where the landlord waits.

"We'll take it." She hands the paperwork over to the couple who sit through some reading, where she explains their policies and how living in the apartment complex will be like. Leon smiles as he signs, handing over the check for the deposit on the apartment. She leaves to make a few copies and Leon takes the time to really picture it.

Putting the couch in the living room, buying a microwave, deciding on a bed, all things that he cannot wait for when they move in. He brings Violetta in for another kiss, so happy that this is his life now. Soon he'll not just be living with his crush, but with his girlfriend.

End of Book One