Chapter 10: Ripple

I am standing in front of a door with a flower i pluck from the garden earlier. I straighten myself before knocking on the wood panel door.

"Noona?" I open and peek inside.

"Oh? Mino-ah! Come in, come in."

The woman inside puts aside her book and beckons for me to come inside. I smile. I sit on the chair beside her bed and show her the flower i am hiding behind my back.

"Ta-dah!" I say making a wierd face. "Look at what i got for you."

"Yah!" She pinches my ear. "What did i just tell you about plucking a flower from the garden?"

"But Dara-noona, i was just thinking of you." Dara-noona finally lets go of my ear. I start rubbing it. "I know how you really like flowers so i thought that maybe bringing you one will improve your health somehow."

Dara-noona sighs. "I know and i'm thankful for that but flowers like this are used for the expirement. If they catch you stealing this, they will punish you."

"But i didn't, so no problem." I beam.

Dara-noona just shakes her head and smiles.

"Mino-ah." I feel someone shaking me. "Yah, Mino-ah. Wake up."

I stir and open my eyes. It was only a dream. No, it was a memory.

"What is it Jinwoo-ah?" I get up from my messy bed and start stretching my stiff shoulders.

"Hayi saw something."

I stop from my tracks going to the bathroom. I'm supposed to be on my way to wash my face but the sudden news makes my body numb and send chills throughout my body. Finally, our wait is over.

"I'll be out there in a minute."

Jinwoo nods and turns to leave. After washing my face, i immediately head towards the living area where my other friends are waiting for me.

I can see Taehyun hovering near Hayi as usual. Well, it's normal for a boyfriend to be concerned of his clumsy girlfriend. There are also Seungyoon and Seunghoon sitting side by side on the sofa across from the couple. And finally, i find Jinwoo, my bestfriend, standing near a high chair facing the rest of them. I head towards it and sit on it.

I lean forward looking at our Seer with my elbows on my lap. "Now, tell me what you saw."

Hayi is just sitting on the sofa, looking distant, her eyes wide open.

"The girl had finally showed up with the missing gear." Hayi then turns towards me. "With her gear, the clock has finally began to move"

I scowl. Why is it that all Hayi's predictions always turn out to be poetic and cryptic?

"She's the key!"

We're all surprised when she suddenly stands from her seat. She heads towards me, kneels in front of me, faces me and grabs my hands.

"She's your key, oppa!" Hayi says with so much excitement. "She will give you all the answers you're looking for."

That gets my attention. Questions? Answers? I don't need them. All i need is revenge. But if what Hayi had said is true, i am assuming that this new girl will turn out to be the key of their own undoing. And if that's the case, i'll just have to take her with us and use her to make them suffer.

"Hold on." Hayi pauses and scowls. "There's a ripple in the future i see. It becomes blurry."

"What do you mean Hayi-ah?" Jinwoo asks beside me.