Chapter 22: Rogue part 1

I look at my watch. It's 11 o'clock in the morning. We're just in time for our schedule. I grab our trolley and turn back.

"Are you coming?" I ask the girl behind me.

She keeps staring outside the glass window of the incheon airport. I can't actually blame her since it's been a long time since she returned to this place.

The girl blinks once and begins to walk towards my direction. I follow her behind until we finally reach the arrival area where our escort is waiting for us.

"Lee Jongsuk-shii?" A man in his early forties approaches us. "And this must be--"

"Yes." I interrupt. "And you must be Cha Seung Won. The General mentioned you to me earlier."

"Ah yes. I'm Cha Seung Won, General Jang Hyun Sung's Assistant. And let me the first one to say this to you." The man bows his head. "Welcome back to South Korea."

I smile. Just then, a young man pops his head out from the passenger's seat window of the car parked in front of us.

"Samcheon!" The guy calls out. "How long are we going to wait? I'm hungry and it's almost lunch! Let's go and eat something delicious!"

Seung Won turns towards the young man and his eyes widen in horror.

"Yah!" The older man suddenly turns towards me and smiles at me apologetically. "Forgive me. That's the General's son, Jang Ki Yong. He's supposed to stay behind the barracks but since his trainings ended earlier than usual, he begged me to bring him with me."

"No need to apologize." I smile.

Seung Won bows his head one last time and gestures for us towards the car parked in front of us.

"Shall we?" The older man smiles.

We enter the vehicle and after securing our luggage, Seung Won goes towards the driver's seat and starts the engine.

"Ki Yong-ah, greet our visitors." Seung Won turns to face us and the young man beside him also does the same thing.

The young man smiles. "Hi, i'm Jang Ki Yong." I'm about to introduce myself but he suddenly cuts me off. "Daebak! I heard all about you from Dongwook-hyung. It's my first time meeting a--"

"Yah!" Seung Won hit Ki Yong at the back of his head. "Watch your manners in front of them."

"Ah! Yah! Samcheon!" Ki Yong glares at the older man while rubbing his head.

Seung Won turns towards us and smiles. "Forgive him."

I shake my head. "It's okay. It's actually kind of refreshing to have someone like him around."

"Yah, what's wrong with her?" Ki Yong eyes the girl sitting beside me.

"Yah! Jang Ki Yong!" Seung Won shouts at the younger man again.

Ki Yong cringes back while raising his arms protectively.

I smile at them and finally turn to check on the girl sitting beside me. She's still in a daze, gazing at the distant future no doubt.

"You don't have to worry about her." I answer Ki Yong and he just looks at me curiously. "She's just looking for something."

*****

"Yah! Hanbin-ah, that hurts." Jisoo squirms under my grip.

"What exactly happened between you and Song Hyunhyeong huh?" I sound angry and i really am.

I've never felt this jealous before. I know it's childish of me but seeing my woman with another man makes my skin crawl.

Jisoo gapes at me. She looks incredulous. She struggles to break free.