Chapter 43: Holocaust

"It's him!" I hear a man shout. "He's one of those guys who infiltrated this place."

"Get him!" The other man shout.

I roll my eyes and use my stow. The men coming my way suddenly stand frozen in their place. They begin to shout in pain and spasm until they collapse on the floor, lifeless.

"What a waste of my time." I crack my shoulders and continue running.

I can still feel the tremor from here every now and then caused by the explosions Joker and his men have set. I have to stop from running for a while to steady myself. I'm currently on my way now to the Science and Experimentation Department where they might've put Dara-noona in for treatment.

I stop when i notice someone standing in the middle of the hallway. His back is againts me and he looks like he's been there for quite a while now. He turns around to reveal his face to me.

My eyes widen and i actually take a step back when i recognize the man in front of me.

"You finally came." The man says. His voice is hoarse and cold that it sends chills throughout my body. "Song Mino, i've been expecting you."

I try to compose myself but my voice still comes out shaky. "Yang Hyunsuk-sajangnim, what a surprise to see you out here."

The YG Head smiles. I try to avoid looking directly at his eyes. I don't want to fall under his stow's influence. This man's stow actually makes me nervous.

"I thought your men already got you out of this place seeing that you're the Head and all." I try to sound confident. I don't want him to think that i'm intimidated by him. "You're VVIP and people like you usually get into safety first."

"Well, i can't actually leave my kids here alone, can i?" He remains passive. "Fathers need to protect their children, am i right?"

I scoff. "Children?"

"Yes, children." He looks at me. "All the men in this Facility are my children. The blanks, the bestowed and even a black sheep like you are my children.

I glare at him. My jaw tightens and my hands ball into fists at my side. I can feel my whole body shaking with so much anger i'm feeling right now. How dare him call me his child. What kind of a father that lets his children suffer in the hands of the scientists? He let them experiment on us. He let them treat us like animals.

"And children needs to do what they're told." The Head adds. He takes a step forward. "So i want you to turn around, find your other friends and surrender. That's the only way, i can vouch for your safety.

I clench my jaw. "Don't you dare threaten my friends or i swear to god i'm gonna kill you."

The Head sighs. "What are you even doing here Mino-ssi? You already have your chance to get away from this place you call hell and you suddenly come back?"

I try to compose myself. "I came here for Dara-noona."

The Head grimaces. He looks at me and i immediately look away. It's better to be safe than never. In a blink of an eye, i'm sent flying sideways. I hit myself on the wall and i grunt upon landing on the floor. This damn geezer has still it in him.

"You piece of--" i force myself to stand but the Head suddenly lifts me off my feet, grabbing me by my neck, choking me.

"You dare come here, cause havoc, destroy our home and hurt my children?" The Head's voice becomes threatening. "Killing them is the last straw Song Mino-ssi."

The Head pulls out a dagger. I struggle to break free but i find it hard to escape from him without being decapitated.

"It'll be too easy if i plunge this knife myself into your gut." The Head suddenly grabs my chin and forces me to look at him in the eyes. "Why don't you do it yourself? Consider it as a punishment for your crimes."