Chapter 36: Home

Eight Years Ago:

"Here. Take this." Dara hands me something.

I accept it but scowl when i notice that it's a necklace. I look at her.

"What's this for?"

"Give that to Jisoo as a present." She tells me. "It's her birthday today right?"

My scowl only deepens. "Why?"

"You already knew the plan. We're going to make Mino fall for her. It's the only way we can save your sister's life." Dara answers. "And that necklace will help Jisoo draw Mino's attention."

Present:

"What are you thinking?"

I flinch and turn around to see Jiwoo-noona with little Sowon at her side. The little girl lets go of her Keeper's hand and runs to the side of the unconscious Dara lying on the patient bed.

"I just remembered something." I answer.

Jiwoo-noona smiles. "How is she?"

"Not good." I answer honestly. I bite my lip in frustration. "She's dying."

I hear Jiwoo-noona sighs. "Maybe it's time for her to go home."

I whip my head towards her. Is it? I pause to contemplate. Dara specifically told me not to hand her over to YG. She said it would complicate things.

"Jongsuk-ah, i know it's kind of difficult but we need to think of what's best for her." Jiwoo-noona pats my shoulder and squeezes it. "They have a healer there and not to mention they have the technology and resources needed for Dara's treatment."

"Ahjussi." Sowon turns around.

"What is it?" I try to smile at the little girl.

"This aghassi is in pain." Sowon frowns. "I can hear her voice and right now, she's crying in pain."

I look at Dara and wince. I'm sorry Dara. You're right, there are some things you can't prevent from happening even if you already saw it coming and i think this is one of those.

I sigh and turn to Jiwoo-noona. "You're right. It's time for her to go home."

*****

I adjust the gun in my hand and fire it as soon as i grasp the last target's position. I put the gun down and examine the practice dummies i shot across the field.

"Man! You're really good at this."

I turn and see Kiyong squinting while checking out the target dummies i hit.

"You nailed all the targets on the same spot." He whistles. "How did you do that?

"Practice." I answer simply.

I shove the gun to his chest and he frowns. I hear the others inside the room laugh. Kiyong tries to fire but he misses all his targets by a mile.

"Seriously?" Seunghyun-noona, Kiyong's personal tutor hits him at the back of his head. "Instead of wasting your time complimenting others, just use it to improve yourself first."

"Try NOT to aim at the targets and you might actually hit them hyung!" Joohyuk teases.

"Ah! I feel sorry towards Seunghyun-unnie." Sungkyoung pouts. "She's stuck with that brat, Kiyong."

"Yah, he's still a sunbae you know." Joohyuk whispers. "Eventhough you're older than him by two years."

"Tch, he should be grateful that unnie is teaching him personally." Sungkyoung adds. "It just so happens that unnie's partner is not here at the moment."